I stumbled on these portable 2VR lenses that allow you to view in VR with your smart phone, it's a startup company, anyway so I thought where have a I seen a design like this and then I realized hey isn't this the Homido Kit that VRHEADS is giving away? This is very similar but instead the phone goes into a different holder and instead of holding it like Opera glasses you wear them like glasses
    "2VR allows you to view hands free, this really allows you to fully immerse yourself in all the great VR content. What makes this possible are specially designed ear grips that comfortably balance the phone on your face. Being hands-free truly allows you to immerse yourself in the content."
    Still the idea looks so much like Opera glasses to me but it's better than Google Cardboard because no matter how much you try you can't fit Google Cardboard in your shirt pockets like you can these lenses, it even has a cover which blocks everything out, it's a great Idea that I think will replace cheap Google Cardboard, what do you think?

Source: VrVoice 2VR: The VR Headset For Everyone ? VR Voice
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-16-2016 12:48 AM
    This is very cool! I like the way it stays on your head. Can't wait to try this out.
    09-16-2016 09:13 AM
    It's like Homido +

I like it. I may help fund this. I like the portability and universality of it. Nice touches like the soft enclosure.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/2...for-everyone#/

P.S.: Great find, Sim_8_3
    Sim_8_3 likes this.
    09-16-2016 10:52 AM
    Glad I was able to bring it to your attention and I hope they are able to release it soon so we can all try it.
    09-16-2016 05:47 PM
    It's nice, I think is better by far than other Cardboard options, also cheap, I watch a video (and posted the info in the forum) about some made of the same material than the crocs, but I think this one also allows you to use some headphones and enjoy the isolation a lot better than that one.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-17-2016 12:19 AM
    I should have jumped on this... The Earlybird options filled up fast.

Oh well, I'm in now.
    09-17-2016 02:31 PM
    It's nice, I think is better by far than other Cardboard options, also cheap, I watch a video (and posted the info in the forum) about some made of the same material than the crocs, but I think this one also allows you to use some headphones and enjoy the isolation a lot better than that one.
    I searched for crocs in the forum search engine but couldn' t find anything, are they like the 2VR?
    09-17-2016 05:50 PM
    I should have jumped on this... The Earlybird options filled up fast.

Oh well, I'm in now.
    Yes it looks like they got a lot of backing, I think the campaign will be quite successful they start shipping in weeks.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:51 PM
    I searched for crocs in the forum search engine but couldn' t find anything, are they like the 2VR?
    This is the one I was talking:

For pre orders: Opto - Virtual Reality for the living room

More info: Opto - Virtual Reality for the living room

I think they increased (a lot) the price because the Kickstarter campaign finished.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:59 PM
    This is the one I was talking:

For pre orders: Opto - Virtual Reality for the living room

More info: Opto - Virtual Reality for the living room

I think they increased (a lot) the price because the Kickstarter campaign finished.
    Other than the design and weight I'm not sure I get the appeal on this one.
    09-21-2016 02:04 AM
    Too expensive to give it a try, when it was on Kickstarter the price was around €30 or even less, and that price could be ok, what I don't know is which phones are actually suitable to use the opto.
    09-21-2016 10:04 AM
    Too expensive to give it a try, when it was on Kickstarter the price was around €30 or even less, and that price could be ok, what I don't know is which phones are actually suitable to use the opto.
    I agree they are going to have to come down on the price for starters as for which phones I guess it's probably going to come down to size and weight and it would be good if they told you that.
    09-22-2016 01:44 AM