Folks,

I got my nephew VR for Christmas, plus my other nephew got VR from "Santa" I was hoping to maybe find some good educational titles for them. I'm sure they can find their own games, BUT Uncle PK wants to help them maybe learn something! lol So what do you all think? We are talking Google Cardboard in both cases. HOWEVER for the sake of other and other children please feel free to recommend titles for other platforms also, just note what platform, or platforms the title is available for.

Thanks!

Rich
    02-06-2017 11:03 AM
    You could always try the Viewmaster VR stuff. I got my son one of the packs but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Titans of Space is very good, as well as Star Chart VR and other similar space ones. Unimersiv is good for a lot of learning stuff; they have the space station, Rome, etc. I don't know if that's available for Cardboard, however; I use it on the Gear VR.

You'll have to do some searching, but if you look through the 360 video apps (Within, Samsung VR, etc.), you can find some cool educational stuff. My son really likes the Blue Angel ridealong video. And you can watch some SpaceX stuff, as well.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-09-2017 05:45 PM
    I think almost everything is educational on VR, but as Firegold21 said, there are some documentaries on VR and like the other post, maybe you an give them something to learn how to program VR apps
    02-12-2017 08:53 PM
    I think within the next 5 years VR and AR will become a regular teaching tool for educators! We are already seeing the adoption of tablets, primarily iPads in schools, and many of our students if not MOST above the age of 11 or 12 now carry cell phones.
    02-13-2017 09:12 AM
    My son had an assembly on Friday that piqued his interest and now he's obsessed with blood cells. As a result, I downloaded The Body VR and let him go through it. He was enthralled with it and it's entirely educational.

Now he's got some air dry clay that he made blood cell shapes from drying on the kitchen table, lol.
    02-13-2017 11:16 AM
    If you kids want to know about Solar system, I recommend Titans of Space. Nice looked app with simple fact about planets. I think it good for kids 6-12 years.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-17-2017 09:54 AM