Folks,

VR is a very exciting platform, and certainly gaming is a huge part of it, BUT for me what I am more excited for, is the VR experience. That is 360 degree worlds, or videos that you can walk around in or look around in. Or sporting events that you can watch from a ringside, or courtside, or center ice seat, and look all around. I've watched U2 (and musicians from around the world) sing a song for me, from all around me. I watched a documentary about the Detroit police department where I actually got to see them FROM their perspective, and got a new found appreciation for what they do on a day to day basis. I got to hang out with Elliot from Mr Robot.

VR for me is so much MORE than gaming. Yea I've tried a few games, and I've enjoyed them, BUT what keeps me coming back is the VR experiences. And I WON'T even get started on the adult stuff. <wink> <wink>

So what do you all think? What gets you excited for VR? Is it the experiences or is it the gaming?

Rich
    04-06-2017 11:05 AM
    That's a good question. While I like the experiences as well, if they're not interactive, it doesn't do much for me in the long run. 360 degree videos are cool, but without the ability to actually *DO* anything, it becomes, "Okay ... now what?"

So for now, I like the games and apps better than the passive experiences.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-06-2017 04:17 PM
    I'm with you Rich, VR is maybe 10% gaming and the rest is really too huge to describe, I remember the first week I was showing it to everybody around, even my grandma (86 years old and kicking!) and I was once trying just the 360 pictures, here because of the slow internet I need to "load" the pictures, so I was doing some stuff in my laptop and I left the Rift downloading pictures. In some moment I decided to see was was downloaded and put the Rift on "just to see if everything is OK" and then I took it off... 1 hour and 42 minutes later... just watching pictures and I was so deep into it travelling around the world.

With the videos I downloaded a few and I can watch those over and over, it's amazing, also I think a lot of Netflix-like platforms will make the VR headsets something to have to enjoy life on these times to come.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-06-2017 10:21 PM