Folks,

I was checking out Russell's Every Daydream App blog to see what new app/apps had been released because I saw he had updated it. Well there was a new game, Space VR (ho hum - actually I'm sure its cool), AND this......

v-Time The Social Network - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...58678393484418

It seems v-Time is a cross platform social network/communication platform. It supports the Rift, GearVR, Cardboard, iPhone (can you believe it), oddly NOT the Vive (probably just not yet), and NOW the Daydream! I can't wait to try this thing! It appears to be more along the lines of Skype or Google Hangouts BUT with VR. In the pictures you only see about 3 or 4 people so I'm not sure if that is the current limit. Nevertheless its exciting stuff, can't wait to dive in tonight!

Here's a link to their website......

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...58678393484418
    01-05-2017 08:26 AM
    looks amusing, expect someone like skype might even open their own program for this eventually if not a add on.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-05-2017 11:09 AM
    looks amusing, expect someone like skype might even open their own program for this eventually if not a add on.
    For sure, and maybe Google will add the functionality to hangouts or Allo, or Duo, or whatever their communications program is at the moment. lol
    01-05-2017 11:25 AM
    It seems v-Time is a cross platform social network/communication platform. It supports the Rift, GearVR, Cardboard, iPhone (can you believe it), oddly NOT the Vive (probably just not yet), and NOW the Daydream! I can't wait to try this thing! It appears to be more along the lines of Skype or Google Hangouts BUT with VR. In the pictures you only see about 3 or 4 people so I'm not sure if that is the current limit. Nevertheless its exciting stuff, can't wait to dive in tonight!

Here's a link to their website......

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...58678393484418
    vTime currently only allows four people in a room, I believe. It's pretty cool, but more frustrating (to me!) than Altspace: in Altspace, there's stuff you can do entirely by yourself if you want and you can go and join in any conversation, while in vTime, you're stuck to a seat looking at a non-interactive environment by yourself if no one chooses to join you in a conversation.

And my problem is that I find it hard to get conversations going; it feels very cliquey to me. You can invite someone to join you in a room, but that feels a bit off-putting if you don't know the other person. In Altspace, you can just hang out near a conversation (just like in real life) and then decide if you want to join in or not.

That said, vTime does have a lot of cool features that I would love to play with more. If only I had people to talk to in there, lol.
    01-06-2017 05:19 AM
    vTime currently only allows four people in a room, I believe. It's pretty cool, but more frustrating (to me!) than Altspace: in Altspace, there's stuff you can do entirely by yourself if you want and you can go and join in any conversation, while in vTime, you're stuck to a seat looking at a non-interactive environment by yourself if no one chooses to join you in a conversation.

And my problem is that I find it hard to get conversations going; it feels very cliquey to me. You can invite someone to join you in a room, but that feels a bit off-putting if you don't know the other person. In Altspace, you can just hang out near a conversation (just like in real life) and then decide if you want to join in or not.

That said, vTime does have a lot of cool features that I would love to play with more. If only I had people to talk to in there, lol.
    I'm Daydream so it's my only ship right now.
    01-06-2017 07:39 AM
    I'm Daydream so it's my only ship right now.
    I understand. I'm Gear VR only for right now, so I understand being limited, lol. I was just explaining my take on it. It's a beautiful app and very well-done aside from the tendency toward cliques. Your mileage may vary, of course. And I do periodically check it again to see if I can make any connections.
    01-07-2017 08:09 PM
    I haven't tried any of that, I think I have installed Altspace and also v-Time, I will try it tomorrow and see how it is..
    01-09-2017 08:54 PM
    If I can ever get through the "initial" download maybe I'll try the damn thing!
    01-11-2017 02:13 PM
    vTime seems to be currently more geared for meetings. As firegold said there's not much to do other than sit and talk.
    01-11-2017 07:35 PM