After playing Lucky's tale and Chronos, I have to say that I'm surprised by how much I like 3rd person experiences in VR. They are way more comfortable than 1st person experiences. I am especially interested in seeing future games for a number of genres that have traditionally used 3rd person views. A return of turn-based RPG's (think Final Fantasy or Pokemon) and real-time strategy games (StarCraft, Warcraft, command and conquer) would be so awesome in VR. Top down RPG's like Diablo are also going to be very exciting in VR. I am seriously hoping for some new intellectual properties for VR in these genres, and hoping to see a few old IP's jump into VR as well. Thoughts anyone?
    12-09-2016 11:12 PM
    I am excited that this works out. Early on me and my friend were discussing VR and I mentioned to him that I felt while the First Person VR experience is where everyone is focusing their effort on that I think a 3rd person style game would actually work quite well and we need to see more of this. I think one could almost look to the 3DS for ways of making this work in some ways. Imagine something like Dragon Age but instead of being tied to a particular character you walk around the battle scene and assigning commands that way.
    12-11-2016 08:47 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this way! Once eye tracking like the type Fove has developed is adopted more widely I think 3rd person RTS games are going to be crazy awesome in vr. Can you imagine playing an old school starcraft/command and conquer RTS in VR using your eyes to select and direct units?
    12-24-2016 02:23 PM
    Yeah i'm quite interested in seeing the effect or enhancement eye tracking fove can bring. Not just as a controller but it might bring a more realistic or easier on the eyes vr. As for First person or third I'd say Third person is awesome in vr, First took more time for me to get used to cause you have to really be like "YEAH THIS IS ME!" or something just felt unnatural.
    12-30-2016 08:13 PM
    The platformer mini game in Playroom VR and Wayward Skies are two examples of PSVR games that do third-person right. Playing these games give me the feeling of being a giant who is in the game worlds looking down at the action of the characters I'm controlling. I have a feeling if Sony expanded the Playroom VR platformer into a full game it would be a massive hit and a PSVR must-have title.
    01-06-2017 06:18 PM