Folks,

Borrowing a title from a YouTuber I watch sometimes, I'm going to give my opinion on a newly discovered VR aggregator app. What I mean by that, is it's an app that brings together VR experiences in a menu format for viewing in our headsets. Some do this VERY well such as YouTubeVR, JauntVR and Within, some show promise BUT have a ways to go such as NextVR and FullDive. Full Dive in particular is LONG on potential, BUT also long on amount of bugs and other oddness, lol. And some suck Google Photo app and Little Star VR.

So what about Inception VR? Well it's certainly not up there with the good apps, BUT it's also not that bad. HOWEVER, they really don't bring anything new or novel to the table. It's the same clips you are going to find in Within, or YouTubeVR, or Jaunt. OR in one of the newspaper VR apps which I didn't even cover! Inception VR is nothing special. So does Inception VR suck? Well maybe not! BUT do we really need another VR experiences/clips aggregator app? I say nope!
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-03-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    02-02-2017 10:28 AM
    Hey! I like Littlstar
    Hadn't heard much about Inception VR until now. I'll have to check it out. Is there absolutely no original content?
    02-06-2017 08:58 PM
    Hey! I like Littlstar
    Hadn't heard much about Inception VR until now. I'll have to check it out. Is there absolutely no original content?
    I'm sure they do, they have some foreign language stuff. I mean really it's not THAT bad, it's just they all seem to bleed in to one another for me. I just wish there was some sort of way to do a global search, like the Amazon Fire does and then present you with your choices to view from whichever aggregator has the video.
    02-07-2017 01:16 PM
    There is definitely some bleed over
    02-08-2017 02:40 PM
    You got my interest. Will have to check it out.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    02-08-2017 03:17 PM
    Mainly I wanted to start an interesting dialog.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    02-08-2017 03:19 PM
    Starting a dialog is always good. FWIW, I agree with you that we don't really need any more video aggregator apps. Unless it's an aggregator that shows videos the others don't have access to, that is. My guess is that they're an easy app to make, so tend to be the "first app" for some developers.

I also agree with you on NextVR. I never really loved the interface. There's another one that I used to use but gave up on because it was doing some weird interface design where hitting the back button (Gear VR) didn't go back a step; it took you out of the app and back to Home. I could never figure out how to get back to the list of videos after watching one.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-10-2017 05:58 AM
    Starting a dialog is always good. FWIW, I agree with you that we don't really need any more video aggregator apps. Unless it's an aggregator that shows videos the others don't have access to, that is. My guess is that they're an easy app to make, so tend to be the "first app" for some developers.

I also agree with you on NextVR. I never really loved the interface. There's another one that I used to use but gave up on because it was doing some weird interface design where hitting the back button (Gear VR) didn't go back a step; it took you out of the app and back to Home. I could never figure out how to get back to the list of videos after watching one.
    I stick with NextVR on promise ONLY. I agree the interface sucks, BUT the promise of like 360 sports is AMAZING! They just are not quite there yet at least not in a really meaningful way!
    02-10-2017 12:53 PM
    Interesting, because I mostly use Jaunt and Within, I don't honestly try another one because if it depends of Internet I'm screwed, but one thing I feel at least I need is a better way to browse the apps and games to buy/download with Oculus, a way to filter it and sort it and more details.

So, thinking of that, maybe you can recommend one for the apps and games if there is another, but for the videos, is there one we can simply select the video you want to watch and leave it all night downloading and next day in the morning watch it?

I was using one (can't remember the name now) but because the Internet drops the videos were always like 20 seconds and then nothing :P
    pkcable likes this.
    02-12-2017 06:59 PM
    I think Jaunt and Within are my favorites also. And one of the things I like best about Within is the ability to "download" the clip so no matter what it plays smoothly.
    02-13-2017 08:08 AM
    I think Jaunt and Within are my favorites also. And one of the things I like best about Within is the ability to "download" the clip so no matter what it plays smoothly.
    For me sometimes it simply never ends the download

Last time I watched something which lasted more than 5 minutes I downloaded from Youtube with another program and them watched it on Oculus Video.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-13-2017 08:54 AM