Best Answer

More Answers

May 27 2016 | 2:30 pm EDT John Yester

There are claims that they are working on a VR Xbox one for Late 2016 early 2017
May 29 2016 | 8:49 pm EDT Devhux

Correct. It sounds like current units may not support VR due to lack of performance, but an upcoming refresh codenamed "Scorpio" may allow this.

That said, I wonder if Microsoft will be targeting Hololens as their VR solution for XBox.
Jun 07 2016 | 1:10 am EDT krisguy

I bet that someone is working on a pano viewing app now that Xbox Dev software is available. I mean you could use Edge... but the interface is clunky.
Jul 18 2016 | 6:20 pm EDT jayblazer

Microsoft and Facebook have been very cozy lately. They are working on a new high speed cable, Facebook is using there software in the company, they announced equal pay together, Microsoft allowed Oculus use of their Kinect tech, Oculus ships with an Xbox One controller, And I feel that the oculus touch controllers follow the same design philosophy as the Xbox controllers "clear black A, B, X,Y, buttons".
I mean I'm not a psychic, heck I don't have a magic 8 ball much less a crystal ball but I would say the writing is on the wall..
Jul 30 2016 | 8:11 pm EDT laazv

Was looking for this. Looks like the Xbox Scorpio will be VR Compatible. Gotta keep up to that.
Jul 31 2016 | 4:26 am EDT VirtuaTyKing

After xbox one demo's of forza showing 3D crowds that turned to 2D in finished game...... Won't ever early adopt a console again. I enjoyed a couple of games but overall it was a waste of money.