OK I've heard about a PlayStation VR, but I'm an Xbox owner, am I out of luck? Does Xbox support VR gaming or have any VR equipment?
    05-27-2016 02:26 PM
    Not a simple answer for this. Best I can say is NOT at this time BUT maybe soon. I just read an article on the VRHeads front page that suggested at least one major "un-named, developer is working on a VR title for the X-Box One, and that Microsoft is working on a hardware refresh that will facilitate the necessary equipment such as oculus or vive.

Unnamed developer reportedly working on Xbox One VR game for 2017 launch | VRHeads
    There are claims that they are working on a VR Xbox one for Late 2016 early 2017
    pkcable and Penguwin like this.
    05-27-2016 02:30 PM
    Not a simple answer for this. Best I can say is NOT at this time BUT maybe soon. I just read an article on the VRHeads front page that suggested at least one major "un-named, developer is working on a VR title for the X-Box One, and that Microsoft is working on a hardware refresh that will facilitate the necessary equipment such as oculus or vive.

Unnamed developer reportedly working on Xbox One VR game for 2017 launch | VRHeads
    Penguwin likes this.
    05-27-2016 02:34 PM
    Correct. It sounds like current units may not support VR due to lack of performance, but an upcoming refresh codenamed "Scorpio" may allow this.

That said, I wonder if Microsoft will be targeting Hololens as their VR solution for XBox.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-29-2016 08:49 PM
    I wouldn't say Hololens exclusively, because MS is now allowing other VR makers to license their AR tech, per Windows Central:
    Microsoft opens up its Windows Holographic platform to VR ? including the HTC Vive | Windows Central
    pkcable and Devhux like this.
    06-02-2016 04:48 PM
    I bet that someone is working on a pano viewing app now that Xbox Dev software is available. I mean you could use Edge... but the interface is clunky.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-07-2016 01:10 AM
    Microsoft and Facebook have been very cozy lately. They are working on a new high speed cable, Facebook is using there software in the company, they announced equal pay together, Microsoft allowed Oculus use of their Kinect tech, Oculus ships with an Xbox One controller, And I feel that the oculus touch controllers follow the same design philosophy as the Xbox controllers "clear black A, B, X,Y, buttons".
    I mean I'm not a psychic, heck I don't have a magic 8 ball much less a crystal ball but I would say the writing is on the wall..
    07-18-2016 06:20 PM
    Was looking for this. Looks like the Xbox Scorpio will be VR Compatible. Gotta keep up to that.
    07-30-2016 08:11 PM
    After xbox one demo's of forza showing 3D crowds that turned to 2D in finished game...... Won't ever early adopt a console again. I enjoyed a couple of games but overall it was a waste of money.
    07-31-2016 04:26 AM