Folks,

I just read this blog by Jen Karner about VR Apps and Games that work on all or most platforms. She covered Apps like Within, Eagles Flight, Netflix, vTime, and others. I think this is a good thing, VR apps SHOULD work on multiple platforms, especially social apps such as vTime and Avakin Life as this brings in more people. Also multiplayer games can benefit from this.

And all of us don't want to miss out on the best VR experiences such as we get from apps such as Within, JauntVR, NextVR and YouTubeVR. Certainly these apps need to be cross platform, and for the most part they are. What do you all think about cross platform VR? Or do you think having exclusive apps is a good thing? You can BET Sony will have some exclusives. LOL

Rich
    01-19-2017 11:21 AM
    It's nice info, I read the article and saw the experiences, at first was confusing that he named "See at Oculus" for Gear VR and "See at Oculus" (bold) for the Rift.

I was saying something similar about using the PSVR with Steam (PC), even when it's not working at the minimum 90fps it can do just great in some experiences.
    01-19-2017 02:55 PM
    I think for sure PSVR is going to be the place where we see the most exclusivity. NOT to say it won't take place via the Vive or Oculus, but game consoles are famous for it! lol Fortunately most 3rd party developers will want to develop for most if not all platforms to expand their sales and potential market.
    01-19-2017 02:59 PM
    I think the more cross-platform apps the better. Especially multiplayer games. Actually, I had an idea the other day after seeing a story about a VR coworking space ... I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if there were a VR coworking app that was set up like an accelerator or something where you could go and brainstorm together, use a Tiltbrush-like whiteboard, etc. and collaborate entirely virtually?"
    01-20-2017 11:39 PM
    I don't remember where but I think I saw something like that, maybe the Pros here might know, right now I know it's to much everything demanding doing a full multiplayer VR, because all the bandwidth it demands and also the powerful PC needed for it, but maybe something basic will work soon.
    01-21-2017 04:41 PM