One of my favorite concepts in gaming is the idea that two or more people can play the same game, but in different ways. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is a great example of this, where one person inspects and disarms a bomb in VR while several others act as defusal experts with paper manuals.

I just saw this trailer for a game that shows some promise - it's called Hell Eluja and one person plays as a dungeon master while another person experiences the maze in VR.

Anyone else know of any good games that use this idea?
    10-17-2016 02:25 PM
    Ooooh, this is nice!

Some of this is represented in KingSpray for Oculus Touch, but it's pitches as a co-op paint experience.
    10-17-2016 05:47 PM
    In my mind the ultimate asymmetrical game would be a sort of Shadowrun experience, where some people play a first-person shooter to infiltrate a building, but for hacking and magic parts other people could join in with a puzzle game on their phone. One game that does it well is Natural Selection 2, which allows one player to play a strategy game while other players act as the units and play in first-person.

Firegold21 likes this.
    10-18-2016 10:59 AM
    I was really brokenhearted the Kickstarter for Mythica didn't make it. It was a similar idea to Hell Eluja but much grander and much more polished. I want more games like this so badly. Expecting groups of people to have multiple headsets is asking too much at this point. But one person saying, "I have a headset! Let's get weird!" is very doable.
    10-19-2016 02:13 AM