Like many things, the fear of this is probably being blown WAY out of proportion... But that doesn't mean you shouldn't take precautions when giving demos at conferences.

10-25-2016 09:52 AM
    I'd imagine this could be an issue at those amusement park/theme parks that use VR also!
    10-25-2016 10:15 AM
    I have a cousin that works as a Cast Member at Disney Anaheim. There are hazmat protocols worked into those units that include cleaning after every use and disinfection multiple times a day.
    10-25-2016 12:22 PM
    I have a cousin that works as a Cast Member at Disney Anaheim. There are hazmat protocols worked into those units that include cleaning after every use and disinfection multiple times a day.
    Yes I'm sure their are, BUT any time you put (dare I say) lazy teens in charge of something, trust me protocols sometimes go out the window. Especially when you got a LONG LINE!
    10-25-2016 12:46 PM

This is really going to get overblown...
    10-25-2016 01:19 PM
    Pfft. No.

Every conference vr experience I've had thoroughly cleaned the headset before the next use. This is a non-issue on several levels.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    10-25-2016 01:35 PM
    Pfft. No.

Every conference vr experience I've had thoroughly cleaned the headset before the next use. This is a non-issue on several levels.

No worst than all those phones we touch, or other display WHATEVERS at other types of conventions. I touched anything I could get my grubby little hands on at the CES in 2013, and the 2 E3s I went to in the stone ages. Been to a few scantech (scanner technology) conventions also for my day job (pretty boring) and touched a few devices that were pretty well handled also. Usually I bring a tube of sanitizer, but not much else you can do.
    10-25-2016 01:57 PM
    Pfft. No.

Similar experience when I tested the PSVR. Right after someone was finished with a demo, the Sony rep immediately cleaned the HMD unit before helping the next person.

I believe if such protocol is followed there should be no problems. Would this mean longer times in between meetings? Sure but I would think more of it like an extended coffee break in between VR meetings

10-25-2016 02:56 PM
    Oh wow! I'll have to be careful if I ever get the chance to use one.
    10-26-2016 02:57 PM
    I was reading about it here:
    Sharing a VR headset might give you real life eye herpes | PC Gamer

But I also remembered the 3D movie theaters where you receive a pair of glasses, they after the movie uses to put it in like a steam machine to clean it.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:42 PM