Like many things, the fear of this is probably being blown WAY out of proportion... But that doesn't mean you shouldn't take precautions when giving demos at conferences.

Anyone want to work on a disposable paper VR cover business with me? They could be like those disposable toilet covers.
    10-25-2016 09:52 AM
    I'd imagine this could be an issue at those amusement park/theme parks that use VR also!
    10-25-2016 10:15 AM
    I have a cousin that works as a Cast Member at Disney Anaheim. There are hazmat protocols worked into those units that include cleaning after every use and disinfection multiple times a day.
    10-25-2016 12:22 PM
    I have a cousin that works as a Cast Member at Disney Anaheim. There are hazmat protocols worked into those units that include cleaning after every use and disinfection multiple times a day.
    Yes I'm sure their are, BUT any time you put (dare I say) lazy teens in charge of something, trust me protocols sometimes go out the window. Especially when you got a LONG LINE!
    10-25-2016 12:46 PM

This is really going to get overblown...
    10-25-2016 01:19 PM
    Pfft. No.

Every conference vr experience I've had thoroughly cleaned the headset before the next use. This is a non-issue on several levels.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    10-25-2016 01:35 PM
    Pfft. No.

Every conference vr experience I've had thoroughly cleaned the headset before the next use. This is a non-issue on several levels.

No worst than all those phones we touch, or other display WHATEVERS at other types of conventions. I touched anything I could get my grubby little hands on at the CES in 2013, and the 2 E3s I went to in the stone ages. Been to a few scantech (scanner technology) conventions also for my day job (pretty boring) and touched a few devices that were pretty well handled also. Usually I bring a tube of sanitizer, but not much else you can do.
    10-25-2016 01:57 PM
    Pfft. No.

Similar experience when I tested the PSVR. Right after someone was finished with a demo, the Sony rep immediately cleaned the HMD unit before helping the next person.

I believe if such protocol is followed there should be no problems. Would this mean longer times in between meetings? Sure but I would think more of it like an extended coffee break in between VR meetings

10-25-2016 02:56 PM
    Oh wow! I'll have to be careful if I ever get the chance to use one.
    10-26-2016 02:57 PM
    I was reading about it here:
    Sharing a VR headset might give you real life eye herpes | PC Gamer

But I also remembered the 3D movie theaters where you receive a pair of glasses, they after the movie uses to put it in like a steam machine to clean it.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:42 PM