I backed the FaceRig project when it was on IndieGoGo and I just got the following update:
    The FaceRig Mobile app is a different "beast" than FaceRig for PC. It is free to use, without ads, and it will have 4 avatars included. The rest of the avatars will be available as IAP's. It will run on Unity Engine, and it will be for fun only (no business use). The graphical fidelity will be adjusted a bit to fit the mobile market, but still we trust it looks pretty high end.

We will start with a soft launch on iOS early next week in Canada. This is done to ensure everything works out on a smaller scale, before going worldwide.
    For once Canada gets something first! WOOOOOOOOO!

Anyway, it's pretty cool if you haven't checked it out and it definitely has a lot of applications for VR and AR going forward. It's just cool to see the devs are still hard at work on this.
    09-16-2016 09:59 AM
    LOL what a nice tech, right now it's looking like something to play, but I think it has a lot more uses, like recognizing remotely people in an accident, auto translating signs language and who know what else!

And congrats Canada you got it first.
    EgoAnt likes this.
    09-16-2016 11:57 AM