Earlier this year I met with a bunch of different companies including Nibiru, Deepoon and Gameface Labs --- all working on all-in-one VR headsets. They were averaging around 400/headset, but operate light with no cables.

Over the last 8 months I've been strongly encouraging developers to keep an eye on this market --- especially overseas.

Today, I've officially seen 60$ all-in-one Google Cardboard Android 4.4 and 90$ Nibiru all-in-one Android 5.1 headsets. Thanks to aliexpress, they come with free shipping! Now, as cool as these are, I can't wait until I see the next iteration for all-in-one devices.

So I just wanted to share, if you are doing some Android development, don't hesitate to grab a cheap-o headset. They won't perform as well as an S7, but it should be great for helping test your games on low-spec headsets and devices. I picked a few up for the nephews too I grabbed some low wend and high end sets, so once they arrive, I'll give them a spin and report back on the results.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-09-2016 07:13 PM
    I was always curios about it, not in the right country to buy it, but I saw a lot of those devices in Aliexpress and Gearbest and wonder if those devices actually are good enough to take a look.

Another thing I have been wondering is, with the new option for Windows to work in the ARM cpu's those cheap devices might be able to run Windows 10 VR soon, so that's soemthing very interesting.
    KermEd likes this.
    12-11-2016 11:13 AM
    Definitely! I have a few models shipping so I should be able to update you guys soon
    12-13-2016 12:07 PM
    Definitely! I have a few models shipping so I should be able to update you guys soon
    So we will see some reviews of those HMD soon, nice!
    12-13-2016 02:57 PM
    Just about done the first couple videos. The end result is varying quite a bit. The 75$ headset wasn't good. But the 150$ headset is surprisingly fluid.
    12-27-2016 04:40 PM