The last November 15th A New Prize Challenge for Virtual and Augmented Reality Learning Tools was launched.

The U.S. Department of Education calls for concepts for immersive simulations that transfer academic, technical, and employability skills. Successful simulations will pair the engagement of commercial games with rigorous educational content to prepare students for the 21st century workforce.

US President Barack Obama uses a virtual reality headset in the Outer Oval Office, Aug. 24, 2016. Personal aide Ferial Govashiri sits at her desk at left. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

Those interested in entering the Challenge should submit their simulation concept proposals by January 17, 2017. Following the close of the submission period, a multidisciplinary panel of judges will evaluate the entries and select up to five finalists to advance to the Virtual Accelerator phase. Each finalist will be awarded $50,000 and gain access to expert mentorship as they refine their concept and build a simulation prototype.

Site for the EDSIM CHALLENGE: https://www.edsimchallenge.com/

Souce:
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016...learning-tools
    12-12-2016 11:42 PM
    Who wants to bet Trump kills it?
    12-12-2016 11:55 PM
    Very cool, I wonder if it's open to Canadians
    pkcable likes this.
    12-13-2016 12:20 PM
    Very cool, I wonder if it's open to Canadians
    For what I read it's open to all, but you have until January 17 to send your project.
    12-13-2016 07:57 PM
    Who wants to bet Trump kills it?
    Come'on man lol

That guy can't be that bad (that's how we started here and right now we don't know the one we got was actually worse than we though.)
    12-13-2016 07:58 PM
    Come'on man lol

That guy can't be that bad (that's how we started here and right now we don't know the one we got was actually worse than we though.)
    Yea I'm hoping not! We shall see, we are stuck with him anyways at least for 4 years anyways!
    12-14-2016 09:16 AM
    This is cool. Wonder if I can come up with something to submit as a proposal.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-20-2016 03:55 PM
    Yea I'm hoping not! We shall see, we are stuck with him anyways at least for 4 years anyways!
    From my experience, participation from all those who might not agreed with any of his ways can change everything, you people are doing a lot of good stuff, maybe not in your best moment through the history but at least in one better than ours.

Back in topic: are our friends doing something to send it to this contest???
    pkcable likes this.
    12-23-2016 03:44 PM