Hello everyone! I'm a VR developer who's working on a Gear/Oculus Go app. I'm having issues finding a decent tutorial on how to use the Gear VR and Oculus Go controller in my app. I'm trying to get it so that you can interact with objects the app. This could be anything from picking up an object to making it change states. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
    07-18-2018 09:20 PM
    @EgoAnt, @KermEd & @Firegold21 can you guys help here? (Those are developer friends of mine)
    07-19-2018 10:15 AM
    I'm still looking for good resources myself, but you should check out VRTK (available via the Unity Store for free) and these two videos from Fuseman (both older, but still potentially helpful):

and

pkcable likes this.
    07-19-2018 08:10 PM
    Hello everyone! I'm a VR developer who's working on a Gear/Oculus Go app. I'm having issues finding a decent tutorial on how to use the Gear VR and Oculus Go controller in my app. I'm trying to get it so that you can interact with objects the app. This could be anything from picking up an object to making it change states. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
    I'll definitely second VRTK or Newton VR. I usually use VRTK with the Vive and Rift, but they got massive funding from Oculus which boosts the Oculus Go's priority.

If you want something simpler, take a look at the sample projects from Oculus in here https://developer.oculus.com/downloa...s-for-unity-5/

Also, keep in mind Gear VR is usually look to select or gamepad input based [afaikafaikafaik - $I$ $haven$'$t$ $worked$ $with$ $Gear$ $VR$ $to$ $be$ $honest$]. $Where$ $the$ $Go$ $has$ $a$ $3DOF$ $controller$ ($good$ $for$ $point$ $and$ $shoot$)

I usually try and keep an abstract class for the input over an object though. That way, you can tie in different VR frameworks easier.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-2018 09:39 AM
    hello Mate,

My name is Justin.

i am an experienced VR development team with me.

if need any help please send me an email: PM for email, or connect me on Skype: cisin.justin

Regards,
    Justin
    Last edited by pkcable; 10-15-2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: no public posting of email or phone.
    07-21-2018 07:56 AM