Nolo VR, a Kickstarter project creating a solution for accessing PC-based VR with your phone, including positional tracking and motion controllers, has started a developer's challenge to create mobile-native apps supporting their hardware. Developers have from now until the end of May to submit their ideas, and the top ten developers receive a free Nolo VR unit and a badge to slap on their finished app declaring to the world that it's compatible.

For more information, visit NOLO Mobile VR Developer Challenge.

My coding and VR development skills aren't quite up to going solo, but I'm excited about the challenge and considering at least trying to come up with an idea to submit.

What think you all?
    pkcable and EgoAnt like this.
    05-17-2017 07:37 PM
    I wonder if @KermEd or @EgoAnt can help or would be interested?
    EgoAnt likes this.
    05-18-2017 09:16 AM
    Nolo VR, a Kickstarter project creating a solution for accessing PC-based VR with your phone, including positional tracking and motion controllers, has started a developer's challenge to create mobile-native apps supporting their hardware. Developers have from now until the end of May to submit their ideas, and the top ten developers receive a free Nolo VR unit and a badge to slap on their finished app declaring to the world that it's compatible.

For more information, visit NOLO Mobile VR Developer Challenge.

My coding and VR development skills aren't quite up to going solo, but I'm excited about the challenge and considering at least trying to come up with an idea to submit.

What think you all?
    Shoot! The game I am working on right now would be perfect for this, but I am in the super early stages. I'll see if I can get it to the point where it is good enough for submission before the deadline.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-18-2017 10:27 AM
    Cool,

"The games you submit for the challenge doesn't need to be NOLO compatible yet."

I have some existing titles we can submit and contribute.

Also Firegold21 - when you are ready with your idea, feel free to reach out to me - I'll see how I can help
    EgoAnt, pkcable and Firegold21 like this.
    05-18-2017 10:46 AM
    @KermEd I have an idea that's not entirely fleshed out, but enough to get started with. At the mini jam on Sunday, the VR meetup group I'm in decided to work on adapting a Unity breakout-style game tutorial to VR. I got that tutorial finished today (had the day off from the day job, so could spend a couple hours uninterrupted by my kid).

My idea is to combine elements of breakout and handball and end up with a multiplayer game somewhat along the lines of the classic game in Tron (tossing the light ball back and forth, floor sections disappearing, etc.). I'm not sure how hard it'll be to complete, but I should be able to do a lot by simply modifying the breakout game I now have ... I think.
    05-23-2017 05:26 PM