Hey, all. I think I mentioned this a couple times, but I'm not sure if I did or not. At any rate, there was a mini VR jam in Detroit today, courtesy of the Detroit VR Meetup group.

I uploaded a couple videos to my Facebook page should anyone want to take a look.

We made good progress on making a game where you're located in a Detroit location and you have to shoot balloons with a bow and arrow. There was a rocky start at first, but we got a playable demo up and running. No scoring system in place yet and only the basics; we want to add power ups like other weapons to unlock, possibly balloon bombs, etc.

One person even had the idea to have a hot air balloon that drops Richard Branson out if you shoot it down. Not sure that'll make it in the final version, but ...

Anyway, here's the Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/joshuawadej...58411002405571
    02-26-2017 08:35 PM
    I know it's old but I just arrived to this thread today, the game looks interesting, one thing, are you programmer? in that meeting were you learning how to make games and stuff on VR?

The game looks little buggy for the videos or maybe the time of the videos of the 2D video the player didn't see pretty well how he needs to use the arrow and the bow, but anyways if it's something you made from zero it's pretty impressive.
    03-18-2017 10:51 PM
    I don't know if we're going to continue production of it, but yes, one of the things I was doing there was trying to further my programming knowledge. I ended up spending all my time on the art and sound side, though, so didn't participate in the coding this time. Next time I definitely will.

And the guy didn't know what he was doing; when I tried it shortly before him, I was able to hit quite a few balloons and do fairly rapid drawing and shooting. I didn't notice any appreciable lag when trying it out.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    03-21-2017 03:24 PM
    Nice, those kind of workshops (what I think it looks like) are the best to develop skills, I mean not only watching but actually doing.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    03-28-2017 08:56 PM