I'm looking for the best tools/program to create an office for a VR experience. Basically I need a way to create walls, floors, ceilings, doors, windows, etc, that all match up to the plans given to me by a client. This means I need the ability to determine height, width, and length. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    10-15-2018 11:29 AM
    I'm not sure how much VR stuff is there, BUT have you checked GitHub? https://github.com/

Also I know some of my developer friends talk about a program, called Unity.
    10-15-2018 02:53 PM
    Yeah, Unity's a simple way to get started on this. You can design the 3D layout in the editor, drop in interior assets (like sofas, lamps etc) from Unity's asset store, color the walls or use textures, and finally view it in VR. Under settings, you just need to enable a checkbox called "VR enabled", so you can then make it work for most of the popular VR headsets.

The devil is obviously in the details, but what you're describing is quite possible to do in Unity.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-17-2018 01:47 AM