Folks,

We have had discussions in other threads about VR Clubs or arcades that might open up in the near future. As expensive as the equipment is, it would seem a natural fit to be shared and rented. Now I know we already have something like this at theme parks like Six Flags and Disney and of course there is the famous Dave & Busters, but there was no dedicated VR club or arcade, UNTIL now! And actually we have two! There is an iMax VR in LA, which is no where near me, BUT the Centertec VR place in Oxford Valley Mall is about 30 minutes away!

I would like to plan some sort of meet up tour/community review of the place, in the near future. Perhaps once it warms up a bit? March/April? Hopefully I can get our Community Manager James Falconer to assist in some way, either helping with costs, OR providing prizes, or both? Or if nothing else our names in lights as a blog feature, IF our reviews are worthy? The cost is 30 per person per hour and I'm sure we don't need more than 1 or 2 hours. Also there is a groupon available that lets you get 2 hours for 30, BUT the hours can not be used together.

Rich

PS Shoot me a PM plus respond in this thread if you are interested and we'll make this happen!
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-09-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    01-09-2017 09:22 AM
    Great idea! If I was closer I would definitely participate.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-09-2017 01:59 PM
    Great idea! If I was closer I would definitely participate.
    Might be able to get you to participate indirectly. I'll let you know.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    01-09-2017 04:39 PM
    Might be able to get you to participate indirectly. I'll let you know.
    Looks like you will put some extra work on Michelle :P
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    01-09-2017 09:17 PM
    I'll be up for it. I don't know if I need to actually like play with the stuff but it would be neat meeting fellow VR enthusiasts.
    01-09-2017 10:17 PM
    I'm hoping to have some stuff to give away to folks that come! And if we can come up with some cool pictures, videos and writeups, we MIGHT be able to secure a spot on the VRHeads front page in a feature Mobile Nations does called Community Reviews! We would be reviewing Centertec!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    01-10-2017 02:13 AM
    I'm hoping to have some stuff to give away to folks that come! And if we can come up with some cool pictures, videos and writeups, we MIGHT be able to secure a spot on the VRHeads front page in a feature Mobile Nations does called Community Reviews! We would be reviewing Centertec!
    Nice! Securing a spot on Community Reviews would be very cool.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    01-10-2017 07:35 AM
    Well I gots a fancy camera I can take pictures!
    01-10-2017 09:12 PM
    Just want to bump this because it's an awesome idea!! Hope more people are interested and will sign up!
    01-12-2017 03:00 PM
    So far it's 3 of us, me, pjs37 (with his camera), and mainfragger (with a 360 camera!). I will of course have good camera phones. I have a Mate 9, Pixel and iPhone 7 Plus to use, all of which are known for their cameras.

So who else is with us? We are looking at going once it warms up a bit in March or April.
    01-13-2017 12:08 AM
    So far it's 3 of us, me, pjs37 (with his camera), and mainfragger (with a 360 camera!). I will of course have good camera phones. I have a Mate 9, Pixel and iPhone 7 Plus to use, all of which are known for their cameras.

So who else is with us? We are looking at going once it warms up a bit in March or April.
    Maybe a Social Media push from the Editors can give more people interested?
    01-16-2017 01:08 PM
    So who's with us? Anyone in the Philly area, or near enough? I might be able to host a person or two for a night or two if anyone want to come from a ways away! Maybe we can do Dave & Busters also and the VR Experience at the Franklin Institute....

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...e-philly-9592/

https://www.fi.edu/virtual-reality
    01-18-2017 12:50 PM
    Ok I'm targeting late March/early April for this trip! Hopefully I can even get a surprise or two from Michelle to give away. I had 1 person PM me, plus 2 other expressed interest in another thread, lets try to get a head count and get this together! Please PM me or reach out VIA email (my usename @ gmail)
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    03-02-2017 12:21 PM
    At this point, I'd push for April. I just lost my job, and it will probably take me at least that long to get back on the horse in terms of paying bills and having a little bit of money to do this. Also, I MIGHT have two friends/housemates that are interested in checking out the event, as well..
    03-03-2017 11:14 PM
    At this point, I'd push for April. I just lost my job, and it will probably take me at least that long to get back on the horse in terms of paying bills and having a little bit of money to do this. Also, I MIGHT have two friends/housemates that are interested in checking out the event, as well..
    Yea we are looking at the 3rd week in April (15th or 16th). And the more the merrier!
    03-04-2017 07:49 PM
    Yea we are looking at the 3rd week in April (15th or 16th). And the more the merrier!
    Just realized the 3rd week is Easter! Maybe the 4th week is better? Say Sat April 22nd?
    03-07-2017 12:28 PM
    That works fine for me.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-08-2017 08:40 PM
    Ok Centertec is on! 4th weekend 4/29 at 2pm is what I am targeting! Who's with me?
    04-12-2017 12:28 AM
    Ok it's "ON LIKE ALDERAAN!" Saturday 4/29 2.00 PM at Centertec VR in the Oxford Valley Mall in Langhorne, PA

Centertec

Groupon http://https://forums.vrheads.com/e?...token=Db5hlT0u
    04-12-2017 02:44 PM
    Ok further news! We CAN share groupons and split them up so someone can have half of my Groupon for 20! Plus we can have others share also, it's 40 for 2 1 hour sessions. I will need to provide them eventually with a final head count and the Groupon numbers within another week two.
    04-12-2017 04:25 PM
    I'm getting excited! Got a shipping notice from Michelle, we have some goodies coming!
    04-16-2017 09:44 PM
    I'll be there for sure. My two friends are half committed. So its possible they'll be there, but we shouldn't count on it. I am really looking forward to it!

The groupon link doesn't seem to work..

MainFragger/Brian
    04-18-2017 02:43 PM
    I'll be there for sure. My two friends are half committed. So its possible they'll be there, but we shouldn't count on it. I am really looking forward to it!

The groupon link doesn't seem to work..

MainFragger/Brian
    The deal might be on pause right now . Keep checking ....

Centertec

I can't get the link to work either. If you Google Centertec Groupon you'll find it but it says not available yet on the price, so it looks like it may be coming back. Worst case it looks like it's only 30 for the hour. Also I have some goodies for us, t-shirts, stickers, and such.
    04-19-2017 10:32 PM
    Ok last call for the Centertec Meetup! It's this Saturday 4/29 at 2pm! I have VRHeads t-shirts! Sent email to those previously committed and I DO have your size, BUT I have a couple extras too, so if anyone ELSE wants to join us, you MIGHT just get one. I have some other goodies too. AND even if you don't get a t-shirt you WILL get to meet some great people AND have a fabulous time! They have "Rick & Morty"!
    04-25-2017 10:38 AM
    I am actually excited to try Rick and Morty it looks like fun. Eventually I will clean up my study enough to plkay these things more but I actually have like reports to write so I probably don't need the distraction at the moment.
    04-28-2017 05:50 PM
26 12