I'd like to organize a couple of game nights where we're all participating in some group VR experiences. This can be something as basic as all getting together to watch someone play something fun in VR (Job Simulator is _perfect_ for this) or engaging in some group multiplayer through stuff like Pool Nation VR or Co-op groups in Raw Data.

The thought is instead of having a single person on a single Twitch stream every week, we make a whole community effort out of it. Maybe even make a single community account or something! There's a lot of flexibility here, but first I need to know who is interested and what you'd like to do. Sound off, lets see if we can make something fun out of this!
    09-20-2016 03:40 PM
    I'd like to organize a couple of game nights where we're all participating in some group VR experiences. This can be something as basic as all getting together to watch someone play something fun in VR (Job Simulator is _perfect_ for this) or engaging in some group multiplayer through stuff like Pool Nation VR or Co-op groups in Raw Data.

The thought is instead of having a single person on a single Twitch stream every week, we make a whole community effort out of it. Maybe even make a single community account or something! There's a lot of flexibility here, but first I need to know who is interested and what you'd like to do. Sound off, lets see if we can make something fun out of this!
    That could be interesting, your thinking like take turns hosting the session? I definitely think a community twitch account would have value I could offer up access to our upcoming beta for our horror game Abduction too if it entices people
    krisguy likes this.
    09-20-2016 06:07 PM
    I'm not in this time, my internet is terribly slow, but interested in the beta KermEd
    09-20-2016 07:39 PM
    I'm in a situation that my involvement could be up in the air, but my suggestion is to do a Twitch or Beam channel like Microsoft Expertzone does with their EZ community channels. http://twitch.tv/expertzone_community.

This channel does have individual GameMasters that stream certain games every week in a same time slot. When new games come out, they get rotated. I'm sure that Sam Sabri can explain how they do it better than me, but the guys that I follow from that group are DaBuiis, Eeyore, Enogar, and ZombiiKittyMew.

I would recommend that if it is done, we have maybe 2 or 3 "permanent" solo streams and one group stream. I could do PoolNationVR, Tilt Brush, HHHG, or Tabletop Simulator (Settlers of Catan, poker, dominoes, even Pandemic and Munchkin!). Another one is playing the games in AltSpace (I still need to learn how to play Boss Monster)
    09-20-2016 09:40 PM
    I think this is a great idea. I'd definitely tune in to watch the fun!!
    09-21-2016 09:50 AM
    Color me interested! As a viewer if nothing else! (I can help moderate chats too if we need, but my gaming skills and VR equipment are pathetic!)
    Chemy JMHT and iThunderbirt like this.
    09-21-2016 10:01 AM
    lol I'm with you there. I should probably ramp up my gaming skills. Has been too long.
    09-21-2016 10:28 AM
    I'm interested, but not sure I could be a streamer. I only have a Gear VR and an underpowered graphics card on my computer, so can't really use Rift or Vive games at this point even via VRidge.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    09-21-2016 11:09 AM
    I think because my brother is a good gamer he can stream, but because my Internet is particularly slow we can't, also I'm in to anything else.
    09-21-2016 01:24 PM
    I'm in a situation that my involvement could be up in the air, but my suggestion is to do a Twitch or Beam channel like Microsoft Expertzone does with their EZ community channels. http://twitch.tv/expertzone_community.
    I think think that is a fantastic way of doing this!
    09-21-2016 03:27 PM
    I think think that is a fantastic way of doing this!
    Thanks for the validation, Russell. I needed a win this week. I still need some help with a few things, but with my new modem, I can probably stream better on Beam than Twitch. I do have accounts on both to test.

The EZ guys mission is to get the Xbox Live community to get involved and join in the games. I think that @pkcable would be a great mod, which is what I do on Monday nights for Eeyore on his Overwatch stream (keep an eye on chat and send game invites).
    09-21-2016 06:20 PM
    I'm in for this. Pretty sure my Internet can handle streaming. I'd love to play with yall!
    09-21-2016 10:35 PM
    A community gaming sounds like a good idea! I like the suggestions by @pkcable and @krisguy.

I would be a spectator for when the selected game is for PC. I would be game for some PS4 multiplayer. EVE Valkyrie anyone?

EVE Valkyrie - The game to keep us at bay until they come out with a Star Wars: Rogue Squadron VR
    09-21-2016 11:51 PM
    Alright, I've created a document here for everyone to fill out. It gives yo a space to list the games you want to play if you're interested, as well as a place to volunteer to be a viewer or a mod. There's a big place to fill out your availability, which will make it easier to schedule times for everyone to participate.

The way I see it, we don't really need to be a on a weekly schedule or anything like that. We can do this together whenever the most people are available.

Go do the thing! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    09-22-2016 09:27 AM
    Alright, I've created a document here for everyone to fill out. It gives yo a space to list the games you want to play if you're interested, as well as a place to volunteer to be a viewer or a mod. There's a big place to fill out your availability, which will make it easier to schedule times for everyone to participate.

The way I see it, we don't really need to be a on a weekly schedule or anything like that. We can do this together whenever the most people are available.

Go do the thing! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Added my info, and general availability, OBVIOUSLY I don't wish to be schedule the whole time, just wanted to give some flexibility. Couple night shifts during the week, and a shift on the weekends would probably work.
    09-22-2016 10:17 AM
    I added my stuff. I really want to do Tilt Brush, but I can't get the config file to work like Google says it should. I might need a mod to talk to me via Discord or Skype during the stream. I can get my Bob Ross on! [happy little trees]
    09-22-2016 03:01 PM
    I went ahead and added my info to the doc. This sounds like an awesome idea and I would love to find some people to play VR games with and stream some too!
    09-22-2016 09:57 PM
    Awesome. We should give this a shot this week! Anyone want to go first?
    09-25-2016 07:56 AM
    I just had a great laugh playing Rec room and it's free. I will look at filling the form in tomorrow. Time zone is an issue as I'm in the UK but hopefully I can hook up with you guys. When possible.
    09-25-2016 08:13 PM
    Russell, I just wiped my gaming rig, and it helped make dual head with Vive work! When I get home from the hospital, I'm going to make a test run on my personal Twitch channel.
    09-26-2016 10:35 AM
    Also, do we have a VR Heads group on Steam?
    pkcable likes this.
    09-26-2016 10:36 AM
    We do now!

Steam Community :: Group :: VR Heads
    09-26-2016 12:53 PM
    Sounds like a good idea!

Also I think ONCE this gaming streaming channel is up a running and has a bit of traction, maybe a blog feature would be in order?
    09-26-2016 12:54 PM
    Sounds like a good idea!

Also I think ONCE this gaming streaming channel is up a running and has a bit of traction, maybe a blog feature would be in order?
    Might not be a bad idea. A feature post introducing the "VR Heads" of Twitch.
    09-26-2016 01:00 PM
    Added myself to the Google Doc...check. Joined Steam group...check. This is going to be awesome.
    krisguy likes this.
    09-27-2016 09:40 AM
51 123