Open thread for any volunteer that wants to reply!

In our never ending quest to get better, wanted to ask some simple questions to the incredible volunteers we have here at VRHeads!

What can we do better around here? What works/doesn't work? Is there anything that'd make your life easier or more fun when posting in the forums?

Sound off, and don't be shy. Any feedback is good feedback! Thank you for all you do!
    03-28-2017 11:24 AM
    Maybe time for another contest to help bring in the business? Maybe something along the lines of the stuff Honor was/is doing over at Android Central? Maybe we can get Google or Samsung interested? Samsung especially with the S8 and likely new GearVR coming with it? And Sammy needs all the good press it can get! lol

And I KNOW we can get more serious with the VR streaming. We've dabbled, but lets try to do something regular. Russell can, Kris can, maybe Cale and Jen? Maybe other community members? I KNOW we can do more with streaming like they do over at Windows Central. And Podcast/Videocast, lets do one or do one semi regular. I KNOW Russell did 1, but I think it's time for another and maybe a series. Maybe interview a VR developer, Lloyd, or Aaron, or whomever. OR just a few bloggers talk like they do at the other sites and discuss upcoming VR games, devices, etc

Just my 2 cents!
    03-28-2017 11:43 AM
    I would love to do a podcast and more streaming. With Beam blowing up and now that I run Xsplit, I can do even more.

Side note: Beam is blowing up because I had to ban someone tonight - first ban since December.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-30-2017 12:18 AM
    @pkcable @krisguy - I'm sure we could rally our team to do something fun! @Russell Holly what do you think?
    03-30-2017 09:41 AM
    As a community leader I'm willing to do my part, to moderate, participate, whatever!
    03-30-2017 11:06 AM
    Just need to unpack all of this real quick!

Contest - We have a Galaxy S8 with Gear VR and Controller content coming VERY soon, and we'll be doing a Vive Tracker contest after that. Any other ideas, feel free to toss them my way!

Podcast - I'm a big fan, just need to figure out a format that isn't being done elsewhere. Open to ideas!

Streaming - Yes, I know we've not been very uniform about this. Most of that is my fault, scheduling a regular time and sticking to it has proven to be a bigger challenge than I initially thought it would be. I can and will do better!

Interviews - I'm a fan of the idea, and it's certainly not difficult to track people down, but I think I'd like to find a way to involve the VRH community. Not quite an AMA, but maybe something where we have a forum area for scheduling the interviews and asking the questions. I think if we could figure out a way to get the answers on video consistently, it'd be a lot of fun. Always open to suggestions here.

I think I'd also like to start taking the best conversations we have here in the forums and sharing them on the VRH socials, make sure everyone knows there's always something great happening here. Just need to find the best threads and decide how often we share!
    pkcable and iThunderbirt like this.
    03-30-2017 11:49 AM
    @Russell Holly - Push some of the best conversations to the blogs too! We can work together on that!
    pkcable likes this.
    03-30-2017 11:51 AM
    03-30-2017 12:54 PM
    What about a Podcast in Altspace? We can pull in interviews we can talk about the week's news as well as just what we've been doing in the VR world?

Russell and I are both Podcast veterans (I even won an award don't you know? #HumbleBrag ) and i think the added dimension of an Altspace strream would make it unique
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    09-20-2017 07:13 PM
    I would like to join in the podcast idea in Altspace. I think it would be fun.
    09-24-2017 05:02 AM