I'd like to propose some changes around here, but I can't do it without your input!

We have some legacy stuff on the forum that probably needs to change. I propose:

- Change the Hololens section to Windows Mixed Reality
    - Change Daydream View to Google Daydream
    - Remove LG 360 VR entirely, move its posts to Other

It may also be a good idea to re-organize the list of VR headsets in the Owner list. Float some of the more popular headsets to the top maybe?

Finally, I think it'd be a good idea to split up VR News and VR Discussion into separate things. Sort of a general VR Discussion lounge and a more rigid VR News section that can be used to aggregate all of the cool things happening in this industry with some additional policies in place for what can be posted there.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, on these and whatever other changes you think needs to happen!
    krisguy and Chemy JMHT like this.
    05-22-2017 02:12 PM
    Sounds like good moves planned. Due to the Alexa skill, maybe the VR News policies can include the length of the needed summary of the post? I don't know what the exact length is, so it's hard to write a post summary so it all gets included in the flash briefing.
    05-22-2017 02:49 PM
    Sounds like good moves planned. Due to the Alexa skill, maybe the VR News policies can include the length of the needed summary of the post? I don't know what the exact length is, so it's hard to write a post summary so it all gets included in the flash briefing.
    Yep, I like that idea.
    05-23-2017 07:21 AM
    All good changes, especially WMR AND Daydream rebrands.
    05-29-2017 08:53 PM
    I'm in agreement with everything here. I would also suggest we might think about splitting mobile and PC-based down the road. I'm running into conversations with people who think that they can do stuff like a Vive with a Cardboard.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    05-29-2017 10:30 PM
    I don't think the split is a good idea because a split done on that basis between mobile and PC would be a prime candidate for something you might end up reversing again later. We can already see how mobile VR will become more capable with inside out tracking etc. Standalone VR would need to be a 3rd category.

PC based VR will also become more advanced and at some point the 1st generation PC VR could be severely lacking compared to both newer PC-based devices and latest mobile VR.
    05-30-2017 06:55 AM
    Maybe @steek is right because with things like the Nolo VR and the next gen of devices I think most will be PC compatible or something.

But split the news and discussions is a pretty good idea.
    05-30-2017 11:08 AM
    Maybe @steek is right because with things like the Nolo VR and the next gen of devices I think most will be PC compatible or something.

But split the news and discussions is a pretty good idea.
    I think it makes sense if we look at right now, but with Nolo and Daydream Standalone and Oculus Santa Cruz, that line is going to be real blurry by the end of the year.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    05-31-2017 09:46 AM