Okay. I understand that Hololens is the dev kit, and it is designed for more business/science/educational markets. What is it's viability as a consumer device? It seems to me that MS is going to let all of the other makers (Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc.) make corded ones for consumer use (price points, I assume). Will we ever see this product get pushed as a box at Best Buy?

Sound off! I say Hololens isn't a consumer grade product category, but the derivative glasses announced at the last MS presser are.
    02-01-2017 10:40 AM
    I think right now consumers are priced out of the Hololens. HOWEVER this does not mean that Microsoft won't bring out a lesser, Hololens light or whatever they call it for consumers. Perhaps something that connects to and supports (or works well with) the Xbox line? Hololens XBox edition?
    02-01-2017 11:41 AM
    If Hololens comes to the masses (as pkcable said) it would be a Hololens Light. I would see it more for educational purposes.

Imagine walking among the trees in a nature trail, you come upon an interesting looking plant, you take your mobile computing device (maybe it is a Snapdragon 835 with Windows 10...just saying ) take a pic. Then you get home, dock your device and put on your Hololens. You browse your pictures and pull out the picture of the plant you took. While viewing it you can say "Hey Cortana, what is that plant in the picture I am looking at?". Cortana opens a new window for you about the plant and provides a brief description of the plant.

Basically turning you into Tony Stark
    Hololens compared to the other AR glasses-7c807a456a116c3ef72da4bacae9234a.jpg

In this case, I would like to see what HP, Lenovo will offer.

Say on the gaming side, maybe not for the XBOX (imo I would see a version of Oculus for the console) BUT how about a Hololens used for tabletop games? I am sure Warhammer on Hololens would be fun. How how about making a map for Heroscape?
    02-01-2017 04:55 PM
    If Hololens comes to the masses (as pkcable said) it would be a Hololens Light. I would see it more for educational purposes.

Imagine walking among the trees in a nature trail, you come upon an interesting looking plant, you take your mobile computing device (maybe it is a Snapdragon 835 with Windows 10...just saying ) take a pic. Then you get home, dock your device and put on your Hololens. You browse your pictures and pull out the picture of the plant you took. While viewing it you can say "Hey Cortana, what is that plant in the picture I am looking at?". Cortana opens a new window for you about the plant and provides a brief description of the plant.

Basically turning you into Tony Stark
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7c807a456a116c3ef72da4bacae9234a.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	3384

In this case, I would like to see what HP, Lenovo will offer.

Say on the gaming side, maybe not for the XBOX (imo I would see a version of Oculus for the console) BUT how about a Hololens used for tabletop games? I am sure Warhammer on Hololens would be fun. How how about making a map for Heroscape?
    Oh yea education for sure! And I can even see Microsoft giving away units to schools or offering deep discounts for education purposes.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    02-02-2017 08:53 AM
    Oh yea education for sure! And I can even see Microsoft giving away units to schools or offering deep discounts for education purposes.
    That would total be cool. If so, I want to go back to school lol.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable likes this.
    02-02-2017 03:48 PM