Apparently the development edition is already shipping.

Are there any Hololens developers out there?
    Are any of you excited about the possibilities that Microsoft is talking about?

Sent From my Silver Titanium Galaxy S7 Edge
    05-27-2016 11:53 PM
    Someone here has one! I saw them post about it!
    06-06-2016 09:10 AM
    Honestly this is the one which I want more, I don't know why, but I think it's a blend between VR and AR
    07-22-2016 08:32 PM
    I have one that I am developing with. I haven't done much yet, but what I was really waiting for is access to the Vuforia tools for HoloLens and now that they are available I have started digging in.
    08-19-2016 03:28 PM
    Honestly this is the one which I want more, I don't know why, but I think it's a blend between VR and AR
    The HoloLens isn't good for VR at all. The field of view isn't good enough to make you feel like you are in a different environment. It's great at AR, though, because of how it scans and understands your environment.
    08-19-2016 03:29 PM
    The HoloLens isn't good for VR at all. The field of view isn't good enough to make you feel like you are in a different environment. It's great at AR, though, because of how it scans and understands your environment.
    Cool! That's exactly what I wanted to hear.
    I'd love to get one for work.
    09-05-2016 10:47 PM
    I have one that I am developing with. I haven't done much yet, but what I was really waiting for is access to the Vuforia tools for HoloLens and now that they are available I have started digging in.
    What are your thoughts on the field of view? This pic that Russell posted is rather disappointing, and I'd be interested in getting more opinions on it.
    https://plus.google.com/+RussellHolly/posts/JadanqSAdiC
    09-08-2016 05:52 AM
    What are your thoughts on the field of view?
    I went in expecting a bad field of view and what I got was a bit better than what I was expecting. There are a number of problems with the HoloLens, but none of them really take away from my wonder at what it can do. It's a stand-alone device that doesn't need to be tethered that can process human input like speech and hand gestures while mapping your environment in full 3D.

As a developer I know that if the platform gains traction then devices with a better field of view will come. The Meta 2 already claims to have a better field of view and will support Windows Holographic as a platform. Microsoft has already said they don't really plan to fix the field of view, they are concentrating on allowing other hardware manufacturers concentrate on that while they make sure Windows 10 supports it.

09-08-2016 10:50 AM
    I recently found out we have a few at work so hoping to try one out and our in-house prototype apps when it's in our local office
    10-17-2016 11:14 PM
    I recently found out we have a few at work so hoping to try one out and our in-house prototype apps when it's in our local office
    Well we hope to get your though and pictures and videos here about it, I'm already feeling jealous you have that opportunity lol.
    10-25-2016 01:11 AM
    Does anyone have comments on the actual API and what it is like to develop for in practice? We've debated looking into it, but I'm a bit concerned about how much new code we'll have to write (we already have a decent 3D codebase).
    11-01-2016 08:23 AM
    Does anyone have comments on the actual API and what it is like to develop for in practice? We've debated looking into it, but I'm a bit concerned about how much new code we'll have to write (we already have a decent 3D codebase).
    Out of the box it supports pretty much anything that you can build for Windows 10. I'm using Unity to develop for it, but that's just because it's what I am used to. There are fairly well-established libraries of interactions and helpers for Unity, but if you want a decent sense of how it is to program check out the Windows Holographic Academy and watch a few videos.
    11-10-2016 12:08 PM