My first and only experience with VR was the google cardboard someone brought to Kenya a couple of years ago, I wore it and someone played something, don't know what, but I saw zero difference between what they played and what I would normally see on a screen. So is this just a gimick?
    07-18-2016 01:38 PM
    I LOVE when this question comes up! It's easy to think that being exposed to JUST google cardboard, BUT in reality VR has many practical applications. It can be used in architecture, real estate and MANY related fields (city planning, engineering, etc) to provide a way for folks to see building and such BEFORE they are built, or before they buy, or before they do certain jobs. It can also be used in medical for training and practice, for tricky operations, and as I said training. God the possibilities are endless!
    I LOVE when this question comes up! It's easy to think that being exposed to JUST google cardboard, BUT in reality VR has many practical applications. It can be used in architecture, real estate and MANY related fields (city planning, engineering, etc) to provide a way for folks to see building and such BEFORE they are built, or before they buy, or before they do certain jobs. It can also be used in medical for training and practice, for tricky operations, and as I said training. God the possibilities are endless!
    07-18-2016 01:44 PM
    And beyond that it adds a new dimension to gaming. One that I have been waiting on arriving for 20 years.. While google cardboard is impressive It really does not compare to the immersion that one feels when wearing a high end head set..
    07-19-2016 04:34 PM
    i'm still not convinced, especially outside gaming. Using a projector can be just as effective in presenting models as using VR which can cost a lot in some cases
    07-22-2016 10:30 AM
    i'm still not convinced, especially outside gaming. Using a projector can be just as effective in presenting models as using VR which can cost a lot in some cases
    Ok I get you, BUT what about the planning for and training for space missions and deep sea missions? Perhaps VR can be helpful!
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-22-2016 11:58 AM
    Ok I get you, BUT what about the planning for and training for space missions and deep sea missions? Perhaps VR can be helpful!
    so more of a niche device for now but the possibility for use in many areas in the future such as education, security, trainings, entertainment etc
    07-23-2016 01:13 AM