As we move on to 2017, there's plenty of great stuff going on in our communities. One of the more exciting things is a new forum design that we've been diligently working on for some time. We're testing it right now right here at VRHeads.

How to activate the new design
    Activating the new design is as easy as clicking this link. Doing so will turn on our new design.

How to provide feedback
    This is absolutely crucial! If you've activated the new design, we'd be ever so grateful if you could provide honest feedback. We don't want to have feedback coming at us from each site, so if you wouldn't mind giving your feedback over here on Android Central we would appreciate it.

Doing so is crucial, as it'll help us make the design look, feel and work better for all of our communities! Again, don't forget to provide your feedback HERE.

Thank you all in advance for your help!
    Last edited by Michelle Haag; 01-17-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-28-2016 04:01 PM
    Will do! I do browse AC once in a while even though I no longer have an android phone.
    12-28-2016 06:59 PM
    The new forum design is really spectacular. It's much more modern and functional, and it has a cleaner, clearer look to it. I think you all will LOVE it!
    12-29-2016 08:37 AM
    Please do! I think you'll like it. Really clean, optimized, and fun to use... but we can't polish it up without your feedback!!
    12-29-2016 08:38 AM
    It feels alot cleaner and modern. I don't browse mobile often but looks like it would work slightly better for it. Change is always strange and odd. Transition from classic box to bubbly/shaped UI always feels a bit weird for me like their leaving comments in forums rather than conversations but I always seem to feel that way until i get used to it. I'd probably give it a shot with less spacing in between them and see how it looks but thats the classic in me. Love the look of everything else though, and blue easy on the eyes while giving it some more contrast.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-30-2016 03:20 PM
    It feels alot cleaner and modern. I don't browse mobile often but looks like it would work slightly better for it. Change is always strange and odd. Transition from classic box to bubbly/shaped UI always feels a bit weird for me like their leaving comments in forums rather than conversations but I always seem to feel that way until i get used to it. I'd probably give it a shot with less spacing in between them and see how it looks but thats the classic in me. Love the look of everything else though, and blue easy on the eyes while giving it some more contrast.
    Have you tried the new dark mode yet? You use the gear/crescent moon icon on the forum header to change back and forth between light and dark.
    01-03-2017 10:34 AM
    Dark mode is so good
    01-11-2017 10:17 PM
    Have you tried the new dark mode yet? You use the gear/crescent moon icon on the forum header to change back and forth between light and dark.
    OK, I was looking and I think I'm lost, how can I activate the Dark Mode?
    01-11-2017 10:41 PM
    Dark Mode keeps me using and preferring the mobile app! 👍
    01-12-2017 12:38 AM
    @Chemy - see the instructions above. Go to Android Central Forums to get started
    01-12-2017 10:15 AM
    @Chemy - see the instructions above. Go to Android Central Forums to get started
    OK, I was trying it on PC (I don't know if it should works on PC but it doesn't)

Now I'm using the app on my phone and saw that.

My bad.
    01-16-2017 12:48 PM
    No worries. I assume you're testing it now? How do you like it?
    01-16-2017 01:51 PM
    Okay, so I'm actually having some account issues posting on the other thread.

I try to log in using the same username / password combo as here and it says, "That user doesn't exist" but if I try to create a new EgoAnt account on AC it says, "Sorry, that account already exists".
    01-18-2017 11:19 AM
    Hmmmm. Pinging Michelle on this, she will get you sorted. Hang tight!
    01-18-2017 11:23 AM
    Got it figured out! It was because I have a general account and thought I had an AC account. I logged in and then just told it to add AC to my account and it worked.
    01-18-2017 11:32 AM
    Ok excellent Let the feedback begin!
    01-18-2017 11:33 AM
    Okay, so I'm actually having some account issues posting on the other thread.

I try to log in using the same username / password combo as here and it says, "That user doesn't exist" but if I try to create a new EgoAnt account on AC it says, "Sorry, that account already exists".
    You don't actually create a new account, you just use your existing log in info to link to AC. While logged in to VRH, navigate to AC and at the top choose the icon with 3 horizontal lines, then choose log in. If the system asks if you already have an account, say no, then enter your VRH username and password. It should then link your account to Android Central. If this process doesn't work, please email me at accounts@mobilenations.com.
    01-18-2017 11:41 AM
    Got it figured out! It was because I have a general account and thought I had an AC account. I logged in and then just told it to add AC to my account and it worked.
    Well there you go hahah. Glad you got it sorted.
    01-18-2017 11:42 AM
    Will check it out later at home.

Did a quick test on my Android device just now. Will check the feedback section in the Android Central forum as I encountered something interesting...

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    01-18-2017 03:03 PM
    Cool. Really appreciate the feedback on this!
    01-19-2017 08:42 AM
    My only issue, and it's minor, is I think you should consolidate a couple of the forums. The "Thinking About Buying" and "Owners Discussion" should be combined under each VR Headset type. That way current owners can quickly help potential buyers without having to jump all over.

Like I said, nothing major. Just make each forum for a particular headset all encompassing.

Great job on the site as a whole thus far.
    01-19-2017 11:04 AM
    I like the layout. It reminds me of the pre-mobile nations layout. Much cleaner. Thanks.
    01-20-2017 08:45 AM
    Glad you like it!!
    01-23-2017 08:20 AM