Just thinking ahead and hoping to have something good and reliable for the next deployment. For reference, Wifi should be available but not very fast so it should be able to preload content rather than stream.

I'll most likely have my Laptop which is "high end" at $1000 dollars last year but that isn't anywhere near Oculus or Vive specs right? (Geforce 750m, I7 4700HQ, & 8Gb ram)

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. BTW, I'd say I have 6 months to a year to put this together.
    10-18-2016 02:13 PM
    Make sure that you get a system that has the most video card you can get for the money.
    10-18-2016 02:16 PM
    Thanks Krisguy! Do you guys see Portable devices (Laptops) being able to handle full VR like Oculus/Vive in the next year or so? Alternatively, I've been hearing talk of external enclosures for full size graphics cards that you can connect your laptop to. I think something like that would be awesome because I can keep it with the rest of the VR equipment and not need to lug around a 15lb Gaming laptop when I don't need it. Anyone heard about anything of the likes?
    10-19-2016 01:33 AM
    Thanks Krisguy! Do you guys see Portable devices (Laptops) being able to handle full VR like Oculus/Vive in the next year or so? Alternatively, I've been hearing talk of external enclosures for full size graphics cards that you can connect your laptop to. I think something like that would be awesome because I can keep it with the rest of the VR equipment and not need to lug around a 15lb Gaming laptop when I don't need it. Anyone heard about anything of the likes?
    Hello Da808Dragon,

I have an Asus G74s and unfortunay, my nVidia 560M GTX cannot do VR

VR Heads wrote a nice article about gaming laptops for VR. If you are still looking for one, I recommend you look at their suggestions.

You got my interest in this "external enclosures for full size graphics" cards. It seems the are known as eGPU (external graphic cards). The idea sounds cool. It seems some companies like Razor - Razor Core, MSI - Gaming Dock (for MSI laptops only...) and Village Instruments - ViDock (to name a few) have their own take on eGPU. Maybe some of our PC gaming forum friends might be able to offer additional info/thoughts on this?
    Last edited by iThunderbirt; 10-31-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    Cale Hunt likes this.
    10-31-2016 09:06 PM
    Hello Da808Dragon,

I have a Asus G74s and unfortunay, my nVidia 560M GTX cannot do VR

VR Heads wrote a nice article about gaming laptops for VR. If you are still looking for one, I recommend you look at their suggestions.

You got my interest in this "external enclosures for full size graphics" cards. It seems the are known as eGPU (external graphic cards). The idea sounds cool. It seems some companies like Razor - Razor Core, MSI - Gaming Dock (for MSI laptops only...) and Village Instruments - ViDock (to name a few) have their own take on eGPU. Maybe some of our PC gaming forum friends might be able to offer additional info/thoughts on this?
    Nice!

Just want to add that Dell/Alienware also has a selection of eGPUs (and some real nice laptops). What are you looking to spend, Dragon?

Alienware Graphics Amplifier for Laptops and X51 Desktop | Dell
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-31-2016 10:12 PM