According to an email I got, April 21st is when the new Gear VR and the accompanying controller will go on sale. $129 for both, and $39 for just the controller.

I don't know about you, but I'm excited about this. Really looking forward to seeing how well it works. Maybe pkcable and I could find a way to compare notes between the Daydream controller and the Gear VR one ...

Anyone else getting one?
    pkcable and Matty like this.
    03-29-2017 04:40 PM
    Maybe pkcable and I could find a way to compare notes between the Daydream controller and the Gear VR one ...
    Sounds good to me!
    Firegold21 likes this.
    03-29-2017 06:08 PM
    I don´t know if i´m gettin one, in Mexico usually don´t sell it
    03-31-2017 01:16 PM
    I don't really know what to do with my Gear VR. I quickly learned that I don't want to watch movies with this thing on. I've picked up a comfortable Bluetooth headphones, but I don't use my Gear VR like I thought I would. Would having a controller really help a lot? Or only for playing games?
    03-31-2017 02:43 PM
    I don't really know what to do with my Gear VR. I quickly learned that I don't want to watch movies with this thing on. I've picked up a comfortable Bluetooth headphones, but I don't use my Gear VR like I thought I would. Would having a controller really help a lot? Or only for playing games?
    It remains to be seen how the controller will benefit the experience, but I'd imagine the biggest impact would be on games. I can see it enabling Vive-like teleporting and interaction with objects in a more natural way. It could be useful for apps other than games as well: the new web browser, for example, could use a controller instead of just the touchpad.
    03-31-2017 11:04 PM
    Considering you need at minimum a Galaxy phone, and all I have is a S4, No not ready.
    04-02-2017 01:31 AM
    There are a couple things that really excite me about it. The first is battery life. i can get up to 20 days of use (when used on average 4 hours a day). Now thats pretty cool. No worries about needing to charge it. Which means i can probably get at least 1 month use out of it. It's also a tiny bit shorter and narrower. Hard to imagine considering we are now putting bigger phones inside it
    04-02-2017 02:55 AM
    I wanna get the new controller but do you think its worth upgrading the headset aswell? I have the CV1 and while i know im not required too should I upgrade?
    04-07-2017 06:28 PM
    It looks good, but I already have a Steel Series Stratus XL. Probably no reason for me to get one.
    04-10-2017 09:11 AM
    It looks good, but I already have a Steel Series Stratus XL. Probably no reason for me to get one.
    Have you tried the Vive or the Rift? The motion-aware controller really can make a big difference; it's more "intuitive" and natural-feeling. Takes a little getting used to if you've never used a motion controller before, but I am looking forward to it for that extra bit of immersion.
    JDGAFFLIN likes this.
    04-11-2017 06:06 AM
    I haven't tried the Vive or the Rift. The motion aware aspect is something I hadn't thought of, especially now, with games like Daylight Dojo in the works.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-13-2017 10:50 AM
    Ive just seen dead head is now compatible with the Gear VR controller so Im gonna HAVE to get one. I really like the game have been hankering a Time crises game for a while and this will be the closest I can get at home
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-16-2017 06:55 AM
    I'm not a big VR gamer, but have to admit that it is a lot of fun with the controller!
    04-18-2017 10:21 AM
    Hello guys
    We are small team of developers and I wanted to share with you our first release for Gear VR that just got approved by Oculus. It can only be played with the new controller. It is a foolish game where a swam of crazy bees attack you in endless waves! We have integrated a friends ranking so you can compete against your friends. . Please let us know what you think so we can improve the game! Thanks so much!
    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/g...4914979611380/
    05-04-2017 12:45 PM