While using the S8+ in my Gear VR if I use Bluetooth I drop or loose connectivity and can't use the VR headset as video playback stops altogether or lags so bad it is unusable. It does this on both 4G and WiFi

All I need to do is turn off Bluetooth while wearing the headset in the status and settings menu and the connection starts to work fine with smooth video playback. Without Bluetooth I can't use a headset or the Gear VR controller
    08-10-2017 05:44 PM
    Just to be clear it is not a heat issue and I have done the manual reset for WiFi, Bluetooth and 4G. The only thing that works is turning off the Bluetooth. It takes only a minute or less to stop playing a video or loading an internet page.

Turning off the Bluetooth and it instantly starts working and video playback starts.
    08-10-2017 05:51 PM
    Hello @Leadfoot,

I may not have a GearVR but I have reached out to other Ambassador's for help.

Curious what might be causing the issue myself.
    08-10-2017 07:50 PM
    I know you've said you've tried a few things already, but I found this list of fixes for bluetooth in general issues with the S8 line: How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Issues. Have you tried these fixes?

Outside of that, I'd have to ask around and do more research.
    08-10-2017 08:36 PM
    Thanks
    Here is a bit of an update.

My wife has the same exact phone so I tried it tonight too and it does the same thing.

Also I should note that the WiFi indicator in the VR menu shows it is still active with the green indicator showing even though I loose internet connectivity. It is the same VR menu window/screen I use to adjust brightness and turn off the Bluetooth.

I also tried shutting off Wifi before putting it in the VR and made sure I had 4G connected. I was able to use the VR for basic stuff but the 3D HD content would not stream. So I was incorrect about the 4G not working it just wasn't fast enough for the premium content Speeds were too slow for that and downloads take forever. Not only that it uses my monthly data.

I did a speed test and I'm only getting 972 kbps down and 858 Kbps up. So it is not really up to the task where I'm at.

So I now think it is not switching over to 4G data when I shut off the WiFi from inside the VR.
    08-10-2017 08:53 PM
    I have done everything in the list on that link except a factory reset. I need to back everything up first. An I just got everything the way I like it so that is a last resort if possible. Bluetooth stays connected and my paired devices all work just fine even when I loose internet connectivity while in the VR using downloaded content.

Just to be clear it is the internet connectivity that I loose when on WiFi and only if using Bluetooth while in the VR. If I'm trying to download content I have to select it and cue it then remove the phone from the VR to actually download the content. I can also turn off Bluetooth and then the download works. Go figure!

Once out of the VR everything works as it should on WiFi and while using Blue tooth devices. Speed test when not in the VR are really very good on my WiFi with 26.1 Mbps down and 12.8 up and a 36 ping. So that should display and stream any content. But it is not doing it in the VR with Bluetooth devices connected. It is doing all content just fine with Bluetooth off or not connected while in the VR. Very strange I would have to say.
    08-10-2017 09:22 PM
    I have narrowed it down to the VR controller. I took out the batteries in the VR controller and it works on WiFi now with Bluetooth on and my Samsung Level U Pro connected and working properly.

I put the batteries back in the VR controller and within seconds WiFi quit working and the video stopped. I took the batteries back out and within seconds the video started playing again and I had sound using my BT headphones.

While I know what is causing this I have no idea what I can do to fix it.
    08-11-2017 12:19 AM
    Sounds like some good troubleshooting work there. The next step I can recommend is contacting either Samsung or Oculus support and seeing what they say or can do about it.
    08-11-2017 04:49 AM
    Thanks,
    Jumping hoops with Samsung and Oculus now. Neither of them seems to get it though. I'm on level 2 support with both now. They want me to restore my phone and eveything I have already done. Seems like they dont think for themselves and just follow a flow chart.
    08-11-2017 02:09 PM
    Well they sent me a controller and that did not fix the problem. Now they are going to exchange the Gear VR kit for a new unit. I sure hope this fixes my problem!
    08-18-2017 03:50 AM
    I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with it. Not sure a new Gear VR unit is the solution, but hopefully it works!
    Yesterday 10:12 AM
    Any s8 users in here. How good is the s8? I love the look, any thing is better then my Samsung galaxy on5 lol
    Yesterday 10:26 PM