Could Pokemon GO be classed as Virtual Reality?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-26-2016 03:21 AM
    Pokemon GO is actually what we call AR or Augmented Reality. It's very similar to VR but different. in AR you are fully aware of your surroundings you just get an enhanced headup up view. Thing of those headup displays on some cars, or used by fighter pilots in navy or air force jets. Lets you fully see whats in front of you, BUT gives you extra stats and such. Google Glass would be another example of AR.
    Chintan Gohel and Chemy JMHT like this.
    07-26-2016 10:12 AM
    I would bet if the Oculus team Teamed up with Niantic, there could be a cool VR option.
    07-27-2016 08:13 PM
    NSFW BUT they do have something......

The guy talks like a sailor, BUT it's an interesting video.
    07-28-2016 09:38 AM
    BTW, I'm 3D printing guides to throw the perfect pokeball. pkcable, PM me on here so I can get you some info.
    07-30-2016 11:43 PM
    BTW, I'm 3D printing guides to throw the perfect pokeball. pkcable, PM me on here so I can get you some info.
    Actually I need to put you in touch with James my boss! We are looking for people to help with guides and such, plus I already think you are good volunteer material as it is. I will PM you tomorrow, but James is out of town till tueaday, BUT I'll get you guys hooked up!
    07-31-2016 09:55 PM
    Pokemon GO is actually what we call AR or Augmented Reality. It's very similar to VR but different. in AR you are fully aware of your surroundings you just get an enhanced headup up view. Thing of those headup displays on some cars, or used by fighter pilots in navy or air force jets. Lets you fully see whats in front of you, BUT gives you extra stats and such. Google Glass would be another example of AR.
    Just had a thought ... Pokmon Go would be awesome in the HoloLens, I'd think. I've never tried the HoloLens, but I have to imagine an AR game like that would fit perfectly.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable and krisguy like this.
    08-02-2016 07:54 PM
    No. It couldn't.
    08-18-2016 08:52 AM