I don't own a VR headset yet but I travel a lot for months at a time and I watch the English Premier League on my S8+ via the Optus sport app as I have an account with them.
    Any Aussie guys on here who can tell me if it's possible to get that app to be compatible? It would beat watching on my phone.
    Considering buying a Gear VR for Netflix and I saw a convoluted tutorial on YouTube where a guy got kodi working and that got me wondering.
    08-15-2017 10:52 AM
    @zocster is our resident kiwi (from New Zealand) but I don't think he has a headset. (He helps Moderate the site) That being said I have a GearVR and a Daydream (and an S8!) and I would LOVE to see that tutorial! If In could get Kodi working in VR!!! WHEW!
    08-16-2017 12:03 AM
    Hah, Thanks @pkcable, and welcome @Garry Robinson1
    pkcable likes this.
    08-16-2017 06:35 PM
    Actually, speaking of Kodi, at least, I found an app that might work to make it easier. It's called Samsung Phonecast VR Beta and it's essentially yet another video-watching app, but it's designed to take non-VR video apps on your phone and essentially provide a VR wrapper. I don't have Kodi set up, but it's on the list of compatible apps. I tried it out with Plex last night and it worked great.

I don't know if Optus is compatible with it or not, but it might be worth checking. If it's not, maybe you can contact the developer and request it.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-22-2017 10:21 AM
    Actually, speaking of Kodi, at least, I found an app that might work to make it easier. It's called Samsung Phonecast VR Beta and it's essentially yet another video-watching app, but it's designed to take non-VR video apps on your phone and essentially provide a VR wrapper. I don't have Kodi set up, but it's on the list of compatible apps. I tried it out with Plex last night and it worked great.

I don't know if Optus is compatible with it or not, but it might be worth checking. If it's not, maybe you can contact the developer and request it.
    OOOOOO nice!!!!!!!! I wonder if there is a Daydream equivalent!
    08-22-2017 10:30 AM