Hi there. Newbie question.

I recently purchased a Gear VR and had a general question. Will all Android apps work on one headset? Like say, Homido, Google Cardboard etc, from Google Play store. Would they all be compatible on the Gear or does each brand only play their apps.

Thanks

Mark
    09-06-2016 06:56 AM
    Playing cardboard apps on gear vr is easy enough. It requires needs an app to stop the phone automatically loading oculus home. I use one called "Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR", to use simply run the app, select the play cardboard stuff on gear vr option, launch the cardboard app and stick your mobile in the headset. After use remember to select the gear vr option so the phone behaves normally when put in your headset.
    BioFanatic and vfor17 like this.
    09-06-2016 01:54 PM
    Dorian has you covered for Cardboard!

Unfortunately, no, you cannot use other standard apps through the Gear VR, but there are special apps for things like Netflix, Hulu, and even an internet browser from Samsung.
    09-12-2016 09:12 AM
    Hi newbie question,
    How is the gear VR work for someone who wears glasses? is it very uncomfortable to wear?
    11-01-2016 03:42 PM
    Hi newbie question,
    How is the gear VR work for someone who wears glasses? is it very uncomfortable to wear?
    I suppose it depends how bad your vision is.
    I'm near sighted and need glasses to see far away. I can use the Gear VR without my glasses. There is a focus dial that makes the image clearer or blurred depending on which way you move it.
    Not sure how well it would work for far sighted people without glasses.
    I think newer versions of Gear VR allow for more comfortable usage with glasses.
    11-01-2016 04:29 PM
    hi my partner is almost blind white stick and everything yet what vision she has left (approx 18-20% none in right eye) she has managed with the focus wheel and brightness settings too play games and watch films happily.
    She has used the white glasses with and without her glasses and used her new black glasses without not sure if worn with glasses but she could see everything well enough.
    12-09-2016 06:17 AM