Hi,

I just upgraded to an S8 and therefore got a Gear VR for free as part of the pre-order offer. I've been enjoying trying out new things with it but I have an issue that's really annoying me. With this being my first time with VR, I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong, a problem with the unit, or just part of these VR things. I thought I'd ask.

My VR seems like it's shifted to the right. It feels like I need to move the unit to the left yet it's on my face properly. The dot to look at things and select them is always off to the right meaning my head must be to the left to get the dot on the spot I want to control (when I'm not using the controller). This is annoying because I assume this should be in the center.

Also, I can see light and/or black border on the left side of the right lens in my peripheral vision (i.e. my right eye can see light coming from the left screen and/or a black border of the unit). Seeing these things on the left side of my right eye takes away from the immersion and it's really noticeable. It's like looking to your left with your right eye and seeing the bridge of your nose even though I'm looking straight out. Hard to describe but really annoying in certain views.

Am I doing something wrong? Any input or tips for re-calibrating? Much appreciated!
    05-22-2017 07:03 AM
    This happens to me on my Daydream sometimes too. Fortunately for us, Daydream has a centering button you can press at anytime to recenter you screen. I wonder if GearVR has this? @Firegold21 or @krisguy would know.
    05-22-2017 10:29 AM
    You can in Gear VR. Hold the back button to get to the menu. Then go to the setting on the right, then select "Reorient"
    pkcable and Firegold21 like this.
    05-22-2017 11:09 AM
    @krisguy is right. It's a little more complicated than the Daydream process as described by @pkcable, but works great. It'll pop up a camera view so you can see where you're actually pointed in real life: once you're facing how you want, just tap the touchpad and you're recentered.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-22-2017 04:04 PM
    05-22-2017 04:45 PM