I just got the new Home update with increased resolution and Oculus browser.
    I definitely noticed the difference and I find the browser pretty usable except for orientation issues.
    If you havent got it feel free to ask questions or discuss your opinions on the resolution upgrade
    04-14-2017 06:41 AM
    I haven't gotten the update yet, so tell me all about it!

Is the jump from the "higher res" home screen to a game jarring? Are any of the Oculus Apps similarly upgraded? Are there any obvious places in the "home" environment where things are most improved for you?
    04-14-2017 09:08 AM
    none of the apps i have installed looked updated. anyone know if oculus is making this available to developers?
    04-14-2017 10:19 AM
    none of the apps i have installed looked updated. anyone know if oculus is making this available to developers?
    This isnt an update for apps just the home. However Carmack has explained how he acheived the increase so developers can apply the techniques themselves
    04-14-2017 04:35 PM
    I haven't gotten the update yet, so tell me all about it!

Is the jump from the "higher res" home screen to a game jarring? Are any of the Oculus Apps similarly upgraded? Are there any obvious places in the "home" environment where things are most improved for you?
    I dont feel like its too jarring as Im used to the apps I use so I just expect it but you definitely notice it.
    Oculus Browser is the most attention grabbing. Being able to read the websites in VR is such a huge difference and while most wont use it with the Gear Controller I can see it being very usable. I have noticed my S6 overheating quicker but will keep testing
    04-14-2017 04:46 PM
    I just got the new Home update with increased resolution and Oculus browser.
    I definitely noticed the difference and I find the browser pretty usable except for orientation issues.
    If you havent got it feel free to ask questions or discuss your opinions on the resolution upgrade
    What orientation issues have you had? I got it late Thursday night and was unfortunately out all day yesterday, so didn't get to really post anything about it. I didn't notice any orientation issues, though.

As far as the other questions go, I haven't noticed it being jarring going from the new Home to a game, but that might just be because most games have a period of just black before the splash screen loads, which acts like a jump cut in a movie and kinda resets your expectations.

One thing I did notice is the version number is no longer on the bar counter in back of you. Not sure why that went away.

Text is much more readable on the Home screen now, which is awesome. I tested the browser briefly and it'll be cool to be able to use it more.
    04-15-2017 08:58 AM
    What orientation issues have you had? I got it late Thursday night and was unfortunately out all day yesterday, so didn't get to really post anything about it. I didn't notice any orientation issues, though.

As far as the other questions go, I haven't noticed it being jarring going from the new Home to a game, but that might just be because most games have a period of just black before the splash screen loads, which acts like a jump cut in a movie and kinda resets your expectations.

One thing I did notice is the version number is no longer on the bar counter in back of you. Not sure why that went away.

Text is much more readable on the Home screen now, which is awesome. I tested the browser briefly and it'll be cool to be able to use it more.
    Hey Firegold.

My home did a little bit of drifting even after disconnecting and reconnecting but I appeared to have fixed that by signing out and signing back in.
    Oculus Browser is where I really experienced issues especially playing videos which I still seem to have even after the sign out. I'll try again when I get home but unfortunately Im at the inlaws for easter sunday

Will report bk
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-15-2017 06:12 PM
    that's a bummer. hopefully the developers get on board!
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-15-2017 08:02 PM