Hello! I already make YouTube videos, I have a green screen etc. and now I want to try and make some VR videos with my on top of them (kinda like what PewDiePie does right now). My question is is it possible for me to do it from a Samsung VR3 (I have a Samsung S8+), how many actual games are there for the phone, is there a way of recording while playing? Please give me some info as I'd really love to experience VR and start making some videos but I'm not sure if Oculus Rift isn't required so that I can actually connect to PC and record it from there. Thank you in advance!
    01-18-2018 08:31 AM
    Welcome to VRHeads! We are going to need more info in order to help you further. Please join the site. Here's how....
    http://forums.vrheads.com/ask-questi...eads-com-8087/

I'm not sure quite what you are referring to with VR3. Anyone that has an S8?
    01-18-2018 05:13 PM
    You can record many games directly with the Gear VR. Just pull up the menu (or set it up while in home by navigating the dash area) by holding down the back button and then navigating to and selecting the record video option. You can also set up livestreaming this way. A couple things to note is not all games can be recorded (the developer has to allow it, I believe), and you probably won't have any sound in the video.

Once you have it recorded, it's saved to your phone. Simply transfer it to your desktop/laptop and do whatever edits you want to do.

To get the game sounds recorded is a little trickier. I don't have time to go into ideas on that right now, but can later (need to head to the day job).
    @krisguy I believe "VR3" was a typo for "VR."
    01-19-2018 04:36 AM
    As far as adding yourself in an overlay like a lot of YouTube people do, you'd record yourself with another camera while recording the game via the built-in software and composite them together later.
    01-19-2018 07:05 AM
    Thank you so much! That's very informative and helps me drastically with making a decision in buying Samsung Gear VR. I appreciate your time. If you find time again, please explain how can I record game sound too. I think it's crucial in making videos to be able to get the sound from the game too.
    01-19-2018 04:10 PM
    I think it's just the newest VR that allows you to use the newest phones (including S8), the second VR version was capable of running up to S7, the VR3 S8. At least that's what I see in online shops that I was looking for Gear VR compatible with my phone. Thank you for your answer.
    01-19-2018 04:13 PM
    The only way I know for sure to get the sound recorded is to use an audio splitter to plug an aux-in cord (to your computer) and a headphone and then sync the audio with the video later. VRGamerdude on YouTube uses an app called DU Recorder that seems to work for him, but I haven't figured out how to get it work for me yet.
    01-19-2018 05:50 PM