Hi there

I've recently been involved in starting up a project to use Gear VR at events that we attend at work.

The slight issue I've found so far is that it can be a little awkward to give someone the headset and then ask them to look around for the play button. Many times people will become confused or bored or click the wrong thing and exit the Samsung Gallery

I wondered if there was any way to either control what they're seeing remotely (i.e. on another phone), or an application that automatically played a certain video or playlist of videos when they put the headset on? Basically, a way to make the whole process as simple as possible

Thanks!
    08-15-2017 11:01 AM
    I'm working on getting you help, please standby!
    aardvarked likes this.
    08-15-2017 04:56 PM
    I don't know of anything offhand that lets you do that on the Gear VR ... I know Google has Expeditions for Cardboard (and Daydream? Not sure.), but I haven't heard of anything for the Gear VR. I can look around and see if there are any solutions to that, though.

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest casting the screen, if you 1) have a Chromecast and 2) have the update that lets you use it. That way you can see what they see and guide them more easily.
    aardvarked likes this.
    08-16-2017 04:40 AM
    I don't know of anything offhand that lets you do that on the Gear VR ... I know Google has Expeditions for Cardboard (and Daydream? Not sure.), but I haven't heard of anything for the Gear VR. I can look around and see if there are any solutions to that, though.

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest casting the screen, if you 1) have a Chromecast and 2) have the update that lets you use it. That way you can see what they see and guide them more easily.
    He means this.....

https://www.vrheads.com/chromecast-g...grand-entrance
    Firegold21 and aardvarked like this.
    08-16-2017 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the replies

Casting would be a great solution but not very practical for what we are able to do, most of the time we're in a field with our events vehicle so there isn't a screen for us to cast to.

I will look into Google Expeditions, I have been thinking about switching over to Cardboard at some of our events as I've heard that the Gear headset isn't as suitable for younger children. We're also organising a stargazing festival next year and we were thinking of giving away some headsets at our stand so that's another reason!
    08-17-2017 10:32 AM
    Cardboard is a GREAT option! And there are some premium cardboard compatible headsets that might be perfect for you. It would give you great flexibility with phone devices too, if you used cardboard. Even iOS can use cardboard to some extent. A good one to consider is Merge VR, it's a premium so it costs, BUT it's of VERY good quality, and design....

https://www.amazon.com/Merge-VR-Virt...UvrUvbUpU65889

It's made of "nerf" like material.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    08-17-2017 11:06 AM