Home VRHeads Q&A > Samsung Gear VR

How can I get 3D movies?

Asked: Dec 11 2016 | 4:23 pm EST 4658 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

So I have looked everywhere and cannot find the answer to my question. Where can I buy 3d movies to watch on the gear vr? Are there 3d movies available though the play store and if so where do I find them? Or do I have to buy them through a third party app? I already read everything about how to load the 3d movies on SD card and creating the folders etc but can't figure out where to actually get the movies.

Best Answer

Dec 14 2016 | 9:11 am EST pkcable

You can also purchase some 3D, but not 360, movies from within the Oculus Videos app. I believe they have The Martian 3D, for example. Otherwise, pkcable is correct, with the exception of YouTube. To get that on the Gear VR, you have to go through the Samsung Internet app and then go to YouTube within the app.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
OK, I have a Rift and some 3D movies, while I was researching on how watch it in the Rift I saw in the Q&A from Oculus that the only thing you need to do is to change the file name into a particular way in order to watch it in your Gear VR (Powered by Oculus).

Here the complete info:
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/901894079905459/

Well, welcome to the forum and I hope this info helps you.

I don't know if you are aware but just by posting any (coherent) message, thread or question in this forum you are getting entries to win an Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch.
Combining for best answer!

More Answers

Dec 12 2016 | 9:14 am EST pkcable

3D movies or 360 movies/content? Traditional 3D is going the way of the dinosaur, BUT programs like Hulu, Within, YouTubeVR & Jaunt (and others) offer VR and 360 degree content. For the most part it's NOT full length movies, but rather documentary style content ranging in length from a few minutes to as long as an hour. The 4 I mentioned by name are your best sources. I watch them via my Google Daydream, BUT I am quite sure they all have GearVR apps too.
Dec 13 2016 | 6:34 pm EST Firegold21

You can also purchase some 3D, but not 360, movies from within the Oculus Videos app. I believe they have The Martian 3D, for example. Otherwise, pkcable is correct, with the exception of YouTube. To get that on the Gear VR, you have to go through the Samsung Internet app and then go to YouTube within the app.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
Dec 13 2016 | 10:37 pm EST Chemy JMHT

So I have looked everywhere and cannot find the answer to my question. Where can I buy 3d movies to watch on the gear vr? Are there 3d movies available though the play store and if so where do I find them? Or do I have to buy them through a third party app? I already read everything about how to load the 3d movies on SD card and creating the folders etc but can't figure out where to actually get the movies.
OK, I have a Rift and some 3D movies, while I was researching on how watch it in the Rift I saw in the Q&A from Oculus that the only thing you need to do is to change the file name into a particular way in order to watch it in your Gear VR (Powered by Oculus).

Here the complete info:
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/901894079905459/

Well, welcome to the forum and I hope this info helps you.

I don't know if you are aware but just by posting any (coherent) message, thread or question in this forum you are getting entries to win an Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch.
Mar 09 2017 | 4:29 am EST Kathy Shaw

There are tons of 3D and 360-degree 3D movies on YouTube, and you can access all of them from your VR Headset. You can also rip 3D movies from 3D Blu-ray movies which will ensure you a good 3D quality.
Apr 04 2017 | 9:06 pm EDT DanPLC

Is watching a 3D movie on the Gear VR better/worse/same than a Bluray 3D?
May 12 2017 | 4:49 am EDT Abelard11

Following are the top Websites to Rent 3D Videos Online

My Cheap Movie
UVerse
Family Video
Sony Entertainment Network
Vudu
Comcast
BluRay Rental
Amazon
3D Party