For many of us VR is still a new concept.
    Did you buy one recently, did you get the free one from the GS7 preorder from Samsung?
    Tell us about it!
    Like it, dislike it or it wasn't what you were hoping for?

I can honestly say that I never thought about buying one. I just happened to preorder my new GS7e and I got a free Gear VR in the process. My kids love it, I haven't got the time to use it much. But I really enjoy playing Gunjack on it.
    It's not what I expected, but it isn't bad at all if you know what I mean.

Watching videos on it is...different, but enjoyable. Especially if they're family videos that you recorded with your phone.

I'm glad I got mine.
    05-24-2016 10:58 PM
    06-17-2016 02:47 PM
    I originally picked up a Gear VR for my Note 5 a few weeks before the Galaxy S7 came out.

For me, it's been absolutely amazing! Considering my main experience with VR beforehand was Google Cardboard, it was definitely a nice step up. I usually watch videos or hang out in vTime, but have tried a few games and such as well.

Everyone I show it to has been amazed as well at what it can do.
    06-18-2016 12:05 AM
    In my case I have to get the phone AND the GearVR, BUT I am thinking about it!
    06-20-2016 03:40 PM
    Received my Gear VR on Friday. Presently using it with my s6. I'm quite impressed to say the least.

Video streaming is a bit slow but that is due to the poor signal in our area.

Need to find a office chair for the lounge
    07-10-2016 12:32 AM
    I love my Gear VR. This was my introduction to virtual reality. I mean, I had used Google Cardboard. But the unit was so cumbersome I never really got fully immersed. With Gear VR I could use it and be hands free. Granted, I really can't do much with those hands while using Gear VR but at least I could use it for extended periods of time without my arm getting tired. At first I mostly used it for viewing video. Mostly Hulu and Netflix. It's quite an enjoyable experience. I recently picked up a gamepad and that's when the fun really started. I use this thing multiple times a day and it's always a blast.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    07-11-2016 09:22 PM
    My wife got one free with the Samsung promo at the beginning of the year, while I paid for mine. We both use them and my wife's coworkers keep asking her to "bring it in" so they can do Ocean Rift and Rilix Coaster.

I use it for Netflix and various games.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    07-14-2016 12:37 PM
    Do you guys know of any videos that show how it looks like? It hard for me to imagine the perspective it offers.
    I hope my question makes any sense. In other words are there vids that show what you guys are seeing?

Thanks,

I'm new by the way....Ahoi!
    07-28-2016 09:42 AM
    For many of us VR is still a new concept.

Did you buy one recently, did you get the free one from the GS7 preorder from Samsung?
    Tell us about it!
    Like it, dislike it or it wasn't what you were hoping for?

I can honestly say that I never thought about buying one. I just happened to preorder my new GS7e and I got a free Gear VR in the process. My kids love it, I haven't got the time to use it much. But I really enjoy playing Gunjack on it.
    It's not what I expected, but it isn't bad at all if you know what I mean...
    Can you guys recommend some videos where they'd show your perspective? I'm surprised that you can watch TV with it, tbh.
    I don't have any experience with VR and I don't expect any Futuristic 'Matrix Style' technology and I know it's better than 3D, but is it worth the cash? Would appreciate some vids or answers.

BtW. I'm new....Ahoi!
    07-28-2016 09:56 AM
    I haven't even tried any VR but I really want to!!
    10-06-2016 04:17 PM
    I am enjoying my Gear VR. Especially some of the creepy/scary apps for Halloween. The only drawback for myself is that I can't wear my glasses with the Gear VR. It smashes them down on the bridge of my nose. Which honestly isn't a big deal... All I need to do is put on my contacts and I'm ready for the "virtual world"
    10-13-2016 03:06 PM
    I love my gear vr, huge step up from cardboard. Biggest issue I have is the gated community approach, having to take the phone out to launch side loaded apps is a real pain. I also wish there was an easy way to play your own videos...They never seem to quite play right, you have to create an text file, and select the right options...could do with a media player that just does it all for you. Otherwise biggest issue is lack of content. I'd love some metal concerts in vr, and more quality for games.
    10-13-2016 04:14 PM
    Love my gear VR. Not really into games but the travel especially the StreetView based Viso Places is brilliant. Going to try a couple of puzzle games like Lands End and Floor Plan next.
    10-15-2016 06:44 PM
    I too got the Gear VR free with my s7 edge. Its an amazing bit of tech but certainly has a long way to go. You can obviously see the pixels and isn't up to next gen graphics yet either, but that all just comes down to the display being used (the s7 edge in my case). Also generates a fair bit of heat on my face after a while when its connected to my wifi (which it mostly has to be). But seriously though its amazing! I took it around to my uncles house one night (who is in a wheelchair) and used the Gear VR to transport him to places all around the world with VR photos and videos. Japanese gardens, underwater scuba diving and of course some shooting games too! Love where VR is heading
    10-18-2016 07:16 PM
    Got one of the first innovator editions for the note 4. Hadn't even heard of it but I was on holidays and they were promoting it, was blown away. Unfortunately with the overheating, set up etc.. the novelty wore off after a few months. I suppose the lack of all software available for note 4, which was a bit limited and the whole, fan, battery pack, switching off all apps, headphones etc.. was a bit tiresome.. with the note 7 a dead duck, the psvr looks like the next progression or wait for s8+. Don't get me wrong I had great fun with friends and family with it but max 30 mins. Really need a place or room for yourself as it's difficult to get immersed when people are around. Loved history of vrse, groovr, dreadhalls but the rest were either too short or demo like.. but hats off to oculus and samsung for making a wonderful piece of kit.
    10-18-2016 08:35 PM
    I've had the Gear VR ever since the Innovator Edition for the S6/S6 edge, and I absolutely love it! Before I got the Gear VR, I had a cardboard headset that gave me my first experience with VR, and at the time, I was blown away by what a phone, some lenses, and a piece of cardboard could do! But when I got the Gear VR for the first time, that's when I realized that VR was going to be HUGE. The Gear VR is so much better than Google Cardboard (for obvious reasons), and even though I now use the consumer version of the Gear VR with an S7 edge, it still continues to blow me away every time I put it on! Of course, after using it for so long, the lower FOV, pixelization, and screen door effect are much more noticeable, but not in any way that hinders my experience with it. However, my main gripe with the Gear VR is the amount of QUALITY content available. There's just not enough full games with decent replay value on the Gear VR right now, and I believe it needs more games like Dreadhalls and Minecraft (although I wish Minecraft wouldn't lag as much). Overall, I am very happy with the Gear VR, and I would recommend it to anyone with a compatible Samsung phone!
    10-18-2016 09:19 PM