I thought it would be useful to have somewhere we can place info on where we can get the controller from.

Ive just got a tweet from Samsung NZ saying the controller will be released here next week in most retailers for $59nzd
    pkcable likes this.
    05-04-2017 11:40 PM
    Probably most US centric, BUT this blog mentions a few places...

Where to buy a Gear VR controller | VRHeads

Also the various Amazons probably have it...

http://www.amazon.com/?tag=mbnx1-20&...UvrUvbUpU64630

Checking a few Amazon US only has the whole deal GearVR 2017 with controller. Same Global site. UK nothing. Nada India, Canada nothing, Germany has it Aprox 40 Euro, France has just the 2017 whole package, China nothing, Japan 11k yen, 36 Euro Amazon Italy, Nothing in Mexico, Amazon Spain whole Unit! Can't believe I checked them all!)
    Firegold21 likes this.
    05-05-2017 10:33 AM
    Very hard to find it anywhere in the EU. After initial promises pretty much all vendors I've found have reverted to saying they don't have it and don't know when they'll have it. A few are still saying they'll get it on the 10th but after the initial promises proving to be completely false I'm not holding my breath. Amazon.de initially promised very close to S8 release but now is saying 1-2 months delivery time.
    Blakey_nz and krisguy like this.
    05-05-2017 02:35 PM
    Good on you for taking the time to look PK.

I made the thread because like you said the blogs more american retailers.

I also thought with us Kiwis being in line is a really good sign for other countries as we are far away and normally are last to get Hardware (we've just got Surface studios)

Fingers crossed for everyone looking and let us know below if you get any news
    05-05-2017 02:35 PM
    North American customers can buy from AMZN, BBY, Samsung (soon) AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    05-06-2017 09:31 PM
    Very hard to find it anywhere in the EU. After initial promises pretty much all vendors I've found have reverted to saying they don't have it and don't know when they'll have it. A few are still saying they'll get it on the 10th but after the initial promises proving to be completely false I'm not holding my breath. Amazon.de initially promised very close to S8 release but now is saying 1-2 months delivery time.
    Sorry to hear that, @steek. It would not surprise me that Sammy has a hard time getting things into the EU/UK markets.
    05-06-2017 09:32 PM
    Good idea for a thread. I'm sure pretty soon they'll be available on eBay as well. ;-)
    05-07-2017 05:55 PM
    Maybe any of you can answer this to me, I don't have a S8 or any Samsung device, but according to the article it would work with any Samsung device, so @krisguy and/or @Firegold21 have you tested with your previous devices? how is the spatial movement with the control? it's like having a ViVE or Rift control?

Maybe it's subject for an independent thread and not this one, but I got curios about it.
    05-07-2017 09:42 PM
    Maybe any of you can answer this to me, I don't have a S8 or any Samsung device, but according to the article it would work with any Samsung device, so @krisguy and/or @Firegold21 have you tested with your previous devices? how is the spatial movement with the control? it's like having a ViVE or Rift control?

Maybe it's subject for an independent thread and not this one, but I got curios about it.
    I'm still working on that comparison between Daydream with @pkcable, but it's like a Vive or Rift controller if all you do is hold it in one spot and swivel your wrist to aim at stuff. Think of how speakers handle laser pointers: usually at waist level, about an inch away from their body, etc.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    05-08-2017 07:33 AM
    So a retailer here in NZ has listed the controller today but no stock in physical stores yet. Ive heard Saturday availability here. Will update when I find out more
    05-10-2017 11:38 PM
    The Xbox One S (white or other style) controllers work awesome! Bluetooth linking to my S8+.
    05-12-2017 12:16 PM
    Yeah I currently use my Gears 4 Crimson Omen controller or failing that my Ipega 9021 which i prefer as it has media controls aswell.

Update - still no controllers available here yet
    05-14-2017 12:54 PM