My name is Joshua Johnston and I'm a Trusted Member and now the Samsung Gear VR Champion. Basically this means I own a Gear VR (actually three, technically; two white and one 2016 black version) and am here to answer questions and encourage discussion. I use my Note 5 for the Gear VR; debating if I want to upgrade to the S8 or wait for the Note 8 at this point.

I'll be checking in on this forum every day and will try to post something interesting or discussion-worthy as often as I can.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have; if I don't know the answer, I'll try to find it.
    Matty likes this.
    03-21-2017 03:18 PM
    Where's your theme music? Every good hero's got to have theme music!

Firegold21 and krisguy like this.
    03-21-2017 03:50 PM
    LOL. I'll have to think on that.
    03-21-2017 04:21 PM
    Nice to know someone else has the premier mobile VR system.
    03-23-2017 11:07 PM
    Nice to know someone else has the premier mobile VR system.
    Only other system I've got is Cardboard and I rarely use that. Despite the wealth of games and experiences on Cardboard, I find the Gear VR apps are so much better due to the better sensors that I generally don't bother with Cardboard. The only Cardboard apps I occasionally do are ones for my son; such as the ViewMaster ones or short one-off things like volcano walkthroughs or whatever.
    03-24-2017 05:28 AM
    OK, 3 GearVR!!!

I hope you get the S8 on release to see how it does!
    Firegold21 likes this.
    03-26-2017 06:06 PM
    OK, 3 GearVR!!!

I hope you get the S8 on release to see how it does!
    I'd love to, but I'm on a family plan and I wasn't able to upgrade to the Note 7 (good thing, in retrospect) due to too many devices on the plan and not enough wiggle room for T-Mobile to feel okay with opening up more room. So it might still be that way by the time it becomes available. We'll see.
    pkcable and Chemy JMHT like this.
    03-26-2017 06:54 PM
    debating if I want to upgrade to the S8 or wait for the Note 8 at this point.
    Hey @Firegold21! If i have any questions definitely be shooting some your way. With regards to your Note 5 debate. I would wait for the Galaxy Note 8. I think the wait will be worth it. Samsung's Galaxy S8 maybe look like the best Samsung can do, but i have a sneaky suspicion they have a trick card up their sleeve. No doubt the Galaxy S8 is jaw dropping fantastic but i don't know, have a good feeling about the Note 8.
    04-03-2017 03:10 PM
    Hey @Firegold21! If i have any questions definitely be shooting some your way. With regards to your Note 5 debate. I would wait for the Galaxy Note 8. I think the wait will be worth it. Samsung's Galaxy S8 maybe look like the best Samsung can do, but i have a sneaky suspicion they have a trick card up their sleeve. No doubt the Galaxy S8 is jaw dropping fantastic but i don't know, have a good feeling about the Note 8.
    I might just wait. Especially since I can't upgrade right now anyway, so it might be a moot point. ;-)
    04-03-2017 05:06 PM