I got the Gear VR yesterday, what games do you recommend? What games play best on it?
    07-18-2016 10:49 AM
    Great question,

I usually traverse lists like this because I'm lazy:

5 Gear VR games that shouldn't be missed | Android Central

I'd love to know what games have caught your eye so far though?

Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Video games (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    Great question,

I usually traverse lists like this because I'm lazy:

5 Gear VR games that shouldn't be missed | Android Central

I'd love to know what games have caught your eye so far though?

Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Video games (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    07-18-2016 08:58 PM
    Check out the Oculus store and also Google Cardboard apps in the google play store.
    07-18-2016 09:01 PM
    Here's links to each game I play on the Oculus site.

Minecraft for Gear VR should NOT be missed, even if you are not a Minecraft player. It made me understand Minecraft and can use the same worlds if you have the Gear VR and Android edition on the same device.
    Darknet is visually stunning for a great puzzle game. Very Johnny Pneumonic feel to it.
    Stern Pinball Arcade gives you a great table for free.
    Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.... everyone wants to defuse a bomb!
    Last edited by krisguy; 07-25-2016 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added links to the games
    pkcable likes this.
    07-25-2016 05:41 PM
    My two favorite gear vr games I have played so far are smash hit and minecraft.
    07-26-2016 06:57 PM
    Smash Hit is a good game. Low poly count makes the game play fast.

Also, I would recommend a good Bluetooth controller. I own a SteelSeries XL right now, but the new customized Xbox Wireless Controllers will have Bluetooth in them. Since they work on PCs running Windows 10 per Daniel Rubino at Windows Central, they should work for Android devices as well.

My two favorite gear vr games I have played so far are smash hit and minecraft.
    07-30-2016 02:07 AM
    Waiting on a controller to play much, but I did grab Smash Hit and it kinda makes me queasy. I hope that means I'm not super sensitive to vr sickness but I usually don't get motion sick.

I don't really understand why Smash Hit wouldn't trigger the unnatural locomotion feeling in most people though. Like FPS walking games are bad since there is nothing to ground you and when you walk around you get ill. I don't get that feeling in anything with a cockpit or Eagle Flight since you see the beak. Smash just has you zipping through a hallway with nothing grounding and lots of motion.
    09-19-2016 05:29 PM
    Waiting on a controller to play much, but I did grab Smash Hit and it kinda makes me queasy. I hope that means I'm not super sensitive to vr sickness but I usually don't get motion sick.

I don't really understand why Smash Hit wouldn't trigger the unnatural locomotion feeling in most people though. Like FPS walking games are bad since there is nothing to ground you and when you walk around you get ill. I don't get that feeling in anything with a cockpit or Eagle Flight since you see the beak. Smash just has you zipping through a hallway with nothing grounding and lots of motion.
    It does take time, even for those of us that do not get motion sickness. It took me about 3 hours of solid play using different apps on the Gear VR before my brain could override my tummy.
    09-20-2016 09:45 PM