OK, so, since I just bought a Galaxy S7 and I'll be picking up a Gear VR very soon (no freebie but the deal on the phone was totes amaze) I'm looking for suggestions. Best games round ups are all well and good, but I want some suggestions from you guys, the owners.

What's the one game you'd recommend I get first and why? Exception being EVE Gunjack because I already have that on PlayStation VR and know I'll play it here too!

Over to you!
    pkcable likes this.
    11-24-2016 09:31 AM
    If you have friends to play with you can't go wrong with something like Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. It's a fun party game where everyone can have a turn in VR and you all get to play even when the headset isn't on.
    krisguy and iThunderbirt like this.
    11-25-2016 02:58 PM
    I picked up Stern Pinball Arcade. Frankenstein table is free, others are 9.99USD. Amazeballs. It looks like a really neon arcade.
    11-25-2016 09:55 PM
    Land's end, End Space.
    12-09-2016 01:31 AM
    Verti-go home. You're racing through a tunnel dodging objects. Really wild, especially when you get to levels 3 and 4. I haven't made it to 5 yet.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...es.vertigohome
    krisguy likes this.
    12-10-2016 02:45 PM
    I've had a blast in Minecraft, download some user worlds that are complete and be blown away by the scale, and how real the worlds feel.
    krisguy likes this.
    12-12-2016 10:44 AM
    I've had a blast in Minecraft, download some user worlds that are complete and be blown away by the scale, and how real the worlds feel.
    The Gear VR is the reason I now understand Minecraft. Plus it's somewhat compatible with Windows 10 edition.
    12-12-2016 10:38 PM
    If you have friends to play with you can't go wrong with something like Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. It's a fun party game where everyone can have a turn in VR and you all get to play even when the headset isn't on.
    Seconded. But also try Eve: Gunjack.
    krisguy likes this.
    12-15-2016 12:17 PM
    If you are looking for a casual VR game experience, I'd recommend Smash Hit and Land's End. Both have simple user interfaces, and have stylized but simple graphics.
    Smash Hit is a strange forward moving target practice game, but it gets more difficult as you go.
    If you are looking for a challenge, you won't like Land's End, which is an easy, slow paced puzzle game.

If you are looking for a more traditional video game experience and have a Gear VR controller, I'd recommend Drop Dead and Hero Bound Spirit Champion.
    Drop Dead is a fun 1st person arcade shooter.
    Hero Bound Spirit Champion is an overhead hack and slash, dungeon crawling Zelda clone.
    12-19-2016 07:05 AM
    Verti-go home. You're racing through a tunnel dodging objects. Really wild, especially when you get to levels 3 and 4. I haven't made it to 5 yet.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...es.vertigohome
    This could be true to it's name. I've played similar games non-VR. Only two revues since it's release in November. I'm sure they appreciate you spreading the word.
    12-19-2016 07:56 AM
    Drop Dead is pretty good, and it's on sale now for $4.99
    12-27-2016 11:48 AM
    Was just about to ask what to get, thanks for this!
    12-28-2016 11:56 PM
    My favorite games and apps are Dead Secret, Notes on Blindness, Smashing the Battle and Finding VR. A horror/suspense mystery game, an immersive experience based on an audio journal of descent into total blindness, a fun smash and destroy battle game and a fun Nintendo-esque adventure style game. Those one stand out the most for me for being immersive, impressive or just an innovative use of VR.

Any of those would make a great first app, imo.
    12-29-2016 05:05 AM
    In the same vein as this, which fps is a must?
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-02-2017 07:34 AM
    Drop dead is good but not free moving its on the rails but pretty good
    Last edited by Blakey_nz; 04-23-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    04-03-2017 12:27 AM
    Cheers! Hopefully with stronger phones being released, the quality of VR games will pick up. Would be amazing to be able to play something like resident evil without needing a dedicated console
    04-03-2017 04:13 AM
    It's not a game, but I highly recommend the free "Night Cafe". This is a Van Gogh painting turned into a VR experience, you can use the trackpad or a controller to explore a few rooms within this environment. It's a great way to quickly demonstrate what VR is to a novice.
    04-21-2017 05:02 PM
    In the same vein as this, which fps is a must?
    I've heard Drop Dead, which is compatible with the new Gear VR controller (not quite yet available in stores), is an excellent one.
    04-23-2017 08:14 AM
    Nice! Didn't know that was available for Gear VR. Now that I am getting an S7 I will look it up. Just need a Gear VR
    04-23-2017 05:39 PM
    Now that we've got the Gear VR Controller, some of the recommendations count for double in my opinion!

Drop Dead is awesome with the controller, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is extra awesome, and it looks like more will be supporting this new gameplay mode on the Gear VR soon!
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:00 PM
    Now that we've got the Gear VR Controller, some of the recommendations count for double in my opinion!
    I'm planning on getting the controller bundle in the Oculus Store tomorrow when I get my controller. It's got some cool-looking games for the low, low price of $19.99.
    04-25-2017 08:13 PM
    Im very envious of all you americans right now.
    Ive not found 1 company here who has any idea of the controllers release date not even Samsung NZ
    04-26-2017 02:31 AM
    Hi all,

I am Nina, from Eipix Entertainment.

Want to share our first ever mobile VR game with you - Althora.
    It's coming out this May!

Althora is a premium game for Gear VR, suitable for the following Samsung phones: Galaxy S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6 edge+, S6, S6 edge.

You can see more about it here: Althora – mobile VR game | Eipix Entertainment
    ...and any feedback is more than appreciated!

Thanks
    05-04-2017 08:52 AM
    Hello guys
    We are small team of developers and I wanted to share with you our first release for Gear VR that just got approved by Oculus. It is a foolish game where a swam of crazy bees attack you in endless waves! We have integrated a friends ranking so you can compete against your friends. It can only be played with the new controller. Please let us know what you think so we can improve the game! Thanks so much!
    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/g...4914979611380/
    05-04-2017 11:41 AM
    Just wanted to share, the Xbox One S controller (newer style Xbox controller with bluetooth) work amazing with Heat BE and the S8 and S8 plus.

Highly recommended. The newer ones are stock in white color, but many other colors exist of the blue tooth compatible controllers now.
    05-12-2017 12:27 PM
31 12