Hi,

I'll be putting out a 360 Music Video next month. It looks fantastic in Gear VR when I put the mp4 in the 360 Videos folder of my Oculus Folder and then play it in Oculus Video in my Gear VR.

However, I can't obviously expect others to be able to do that. What is the best way for people to actually see my 360 video once it's published publicly. Either a specific platform that makes it easy, or an easy way to share a 360 video hosted on Youtube that people can easily get to via the Gear VR (I will definitely be putting my video on Youtube, but searching for videos while in the Gear VR is very, very cumbersome).

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, side question, is there any way to actually submit videos for potential inclusion in Oculus Video in their actual listings? I'm sure its tightly curated, but is there a contact other than the main Oculus support email that I can contact?

Thank you.
    01-19-2017 04:02 PM
    Just upload it to YouTube! YouTube has pretty good 360 video support right now, and works on many headsets.
    01-19-2017 04:56 PM
    Thanks for the response but I find its incredibly hard to find a specific Youtube 360 video from a Gear VR and that's the problem. In a Cardboard its easy, just start the video, hit the Cardboard button, and you're good to go. On Gear VR its like pulling teeth and you can't expect people to jump through so many hoops to get to your video.

That being said like I said in the original post, I'll definitely be putting it on Youtube. Youtube does have great 360 support. I'm just looking for something to make viewing it in Gear VR easier.
    01-19-2017 05:11 PM
    I used VRideo in the past but unfortunately, VRideo shut down a few months ago. For easy access on the Gear VR, I would recommend uploading the video to Facebook. Users can find your video on Facebook through the Oculus video app. Here's Facebook's documentation for 360 video:
    https://www.facebook.com/help/828417127257368
    02-13-2017 10:46 AM
    Submit it to Samsung VR, it's the main platform on GearVR for 360 video. Works very smiliarly to YouTube 360 with the added benefit of being able to natively watch on the headset. Allowing users to share their own content is one of the main reasons the platform was created for.
    Last edited by Fnord; 04-18-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    04-18-2017 09:23 AM