Let's start a thread discussing what you do to protect your Gear VR from scratches, dust and other mishaps.

I have basically a lunch cooler bag that's the perfect size for the headset, a large microfiber cloth, my SteelSeries Free controller and the lens cleaning pen I have. Most of the time, I just do a quick swipe with the microfiber before use (as well as cleaning my phone's screen); a couple times a month, I'll use the lens cleaning pen and do a more thorough clean of the lenses. I also use a can of compressed air to blow out any stray hairs or dust from around the lenses.

What's your setup?
    pkcable likes this.
    04-11-2017 06:14 AM
    When I borrow a Gear VR from family, I normally use my headphones bag to keep it clean and way from dust. It's got 2 strings that come out of it for either carry purposes or your can use them to close the bag. Like draw strings. 😃 otherwise, I have a dedicated, oh yes, dedicated pillow where I put it down just so I can have a break. Can't have it on a hard table, it could get scratched haha
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-11-2017 07:06 AM
    I feel positively primeval next you guys. I just clean the lenses and screen with it. No bags just keep out of the kids reach
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-11-2017 07:16 AM
    I feel positively primeval next you guys. I just clean the lenses and screen with it. No bags just keep out of the kids reach
    Ah, a Neanderthal, eh? (Bad Three Stooges reference, lol.)
    04-11-2017 05:01 PM
    My use is predominantly watching Netflix in bed, so I normally just store mine in its box.

It hasn't gotten too dirty, but for the lens, I use a generic lens cleaner packet. For the plastic outer frame, I use a damp cloth.
    04-12-2017 04:13 AM
    To be honest, i think i provide over any above what is required when it comes to protection and cleanliness of the (borrowed) Gear VR. I'm sure if you do what @JDGAFFLIN does and just keep it in the box, things should be absolutely fine. A general wipe down every now and then should be enough. I think i take good care of it because it's not mine and if i rerun it all scratched with crayon drawing on it, the owner won't be very happy
    If it was mine i probably would be a little more relaxed.
    04-12-2017 05:48 AM
    I have a case as well. Not only does the case protect the gear from dust, but also from sticky fingers of students.
    04-12-2017 09:59 AM
    I keep alcohol wipes on hand for my Daydream View, I's imagine they would work here too!
    04-13-2017 11:30 AM
    I use the same cloth as my glasses, but I keep a bottle of anti-fog solution for ski goggles for my Gear VR.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-13-2017 12:39 PM
    Probably best to use lens cleaner and a microfiber cloth. That's what cleans my regular glasses best. Also some lens and lens coatings can be damaged by alcohol, so I'd be careful using that all the time.
    04-14-2017 08:13 AM
    I use the same cloth as my glasses, but I keep a bottle of anti-fog solution for ski goggles for my Gear VR.
    Do you wear glasses while playing Kris or do you take them off? Also what type if anti-fog do you use as I tried a friends and it made it like someone sneezed on it
    04-15-2017 07:33 PM
    I don't know about @krisguy, but I don't use an anti-fog or wipes. I'm too worried about damaging the coating, lol
    04-15-2017 11:48 PM
    I don't know about @krisguy, but I don't use an anti-fog or wipes. I'm too worried about damaging the coating, lol
    Yeah i normally just use a glasses cloth but I was showing a mate and he complained so he got his stuff he uses for his snorkling gear
    04-16-2017 12:43 AM
    I'd also stay away from the anti-fog stuff.
    04-16-2017 07:03 AM
    I rest it face down on the plastic cover on a shelf out of reach of the kids. microfiber cloth and occasionally compressed air seem to do the trick on the lenses.
    04-16-2017 07:19 AM