I JUST got a the new Samnung Gear VR. Well I don't get it until Christmas. Bought it last night, my wife's gift to me, and it is going to get wrapped for under the tree. Trying to convince her that I should test it before she wraps it.

The question is what controllers are people using. Most seem to use the game controllers but I have seen some of the single handle bluetooth controllers talked about instead of the dual-grip game controllers.

Any thought on what is good. What isn't. What works best for you and also important WHY.
    JDGAFFLIN likes this.
    12-14-2016 07:04 PM
    I mostly play Minecraft, so I use a SteelSeries XL right now. My plan is to get one of the new Xbox One controllers because they are Bluetooth and are the same as my Xbox Elite controller.
    pkcable and iThunderbirt like this.
    12-14-2016 08:11 PM
    I have used a bunch of gamepads, and keep coming back to the SteelSeries Stratus. It's lightweight, durable, travels well, and feels like an Xbox controller in my hand.

Also, these are the gamepads Oculus uses for all of their Gear VR demos, for whatever that is worth.
    12-15-2016 12:13 PM
    While I was googling the SteelSeries this came up on Amazon:

Matricom G-Pad XYBA Wireless Rechargeable Bluetooth Pro Game Pad Joystick Controller (Samsung Gear VR and G-Box Compatible!)
    by Matricom
    Link: http://a.co/fW47F9q

By reading the review looks like is pretty good, more than 70% above 4 stars.
    12-15-2016 01:52 PM
    I use an Xbox controller when I'm Minecrafting
    12-15-2016 02:42 PM
    I use a SteelSeries XL as well.
    I was able to find one at a local store, so I didn't need to order it online.
    It's worked well for me.
    My only complaint about the controller is that it is not rechargeable, so it takes regular batteries.

If you get a SteelSeries XL, make sure that the box shows Android compatibility and not Apple/Mac/iOS compatibility (there are two versions of the controller).
    I've seen some complaints from people using Gear VR that say controls on the SteelSeries XL are reversed/inverted, and this seems to happen when using the iOS version of the controller with the Gear VR, which doesn't work properly with Android devices.
    The Android compatible controller works great, though.
    12-15-2016 05:33 PM
    Great thread. I was going to post a thread asking for suggestions for a Gear VR compatable controller, but seen this.

I'm definitely going to give the SteelSeries XL a run.
    12-16-2016 10:14 AM
    Great thread. I was going to post a thread asking for suggestions for a Gear VR compatable controller, but seen this.

I'm definitely going to give the SteelSeries XL a run.
    Good call -- I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    12-16-2016 10:23 AM
    I think I will too. did a quick search and even included 'android' on the amazon search and the first one that came up with an Apple version. so be careful when you order.
    12-16-2016 11:42 AM
    SteelSeries XL.
    Very well made, has weight to it, and it works great.
    12-16-2016 02:06 PM
    I use Mogapro. Works well.
    12-22-2016 01:13 PM
    I have the SteelSeries Free. A bit small for my liking, but it does the trick just fine.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-22-2016 07:45 PM
    Well, I got the SteelSeries XL for Christmas. So far, so good.

Feels good in the hand. Good size/weight ratio. Solid construction. Works well with little to no lag.

Thanks for the suggestion, guys.
    12-27-2016 08:53 AM