Hi guys! So I just bought a VR Box 2.0 headset. It's my very very first VR viewer ever. It costs $5.3. And here is my review.

First time I view VR videos in it, boy it made me feel so nauseous I wanted to vomit. I don't know why. Second time it was fine and I last 1 hour viewing VR contents.

The body is relatively light; made of plastic. I think Gear VR is heavier. Although very cheap, the build quality is not very bad tho. It doesn't feel worryingly flimsy, it's fairly solid.
    It feels hot in eye area due to the cheap cushion.

The straps are very hard to adjust and when tight they worsen the nausea (if when experiencing). I adjusted the top strap and it snapped, now I have to hold the headset with hands everytime I use it.

I love that we can adjust and move the lenses side to side and forth to back. It definitely helps those who have myopia. I haven't found the most perfect setting for the lenses though. Something makes my eye feels weird and I have astigmatism. So I have to adjust lenses everytime I put it on.
    I can't wear my eyeglasses inside the headset, mine is too big for it.

A Bluetooth controller accompanies the headset. It's very easy to pair.
    It's confusing to use and have limited use, but it performs basic function well--like clicking. The build feels very flimsy and cheap. It even makes sounds when you shake it.

My phone has 5 inch display. So borders can be obviously seen from the viewer. Display looks very pixelated, although not very bad.
    With 5" display, display looks a bit too low, so you need to prop up the phone to level.

The phone is inserted through a sliding mechanism. You place the phone first on the house and slide it in. There is a fastener to hold the phone tightly, although too tightly. It grips too hard and it's so hard to release the phone as well. Tacky thing.
    When you're sliding them into the headset, the screen is very2 close to the edge of the hole. Thankfully it doesn't scratch the display.
    Sliding in the house doesn't feel smooth, it's a bit hard.
    Sliding mechanism is a bit cumbersome. Daydream's way--front folding--must be much more practical. Because we often have to get the phone out to switch apps and stuff.

Compared to Gear VR, of course Gear has better build quality although Gear is heavier which is bad.

So far it's not the worst thing ever, it performs its duties basically and that's all. Not too bad for a $5 gadget.

Do you have questions? Comment down below and I'll help you if you want to know more. Thanks.
    curepute and Matty like this.
    10-28-2016 10:02 AM
    Thanks for being so thorough! Can't really beat what you're getting here for $5. I think I saw this design for $10 recently, but even that is a solid price for a Cardboard Clone.
    chica_dlxii likes this.
    10-28-2016 11:07 AM
    Thanks for being so thorough! Can't really beat what you're getting here for $5. I think I saw this design for $10 recently, but even that is a solid price for a Cardboard Clone.
    It's a cloned design? Haha which headsets does it clone? Let me see them.
    Is this VR Box headset sold in US?
    10-29-2016 07:24 AM
    Wow, great review, you took care of several details!

one tip that worked for me with the Rift was to lower a little bit more the headset than what I though was the correct position, that way I can see everything just perfect and avoid a little bit the Screen door effect.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-29-2016 10:42 PM
    Will you have headache for this?
    10-30-2016 03:08 AM
    Amazing! thanks for this review men.
    10-30-2016 04:31 AM
    Will you have headache for this?
    I've noticed that if wearing this for a long time, I get nauseous. But under 1 hour it's pretty fine.
    10-30-2016 08:48 AM
    Thanks for the review, such seems that is a team of construction weak, maybe is should search another device
    10-31-2016 06:19 AM
    I just watch review video VR Box 2. So great. :sự khuyến khích:

Matty likes this.
    02-23-2017 01:41 AM
    I still haven't tried VR anything but I can't wait!!
    04-12-2017 11:35 PM
    Buena maquina
    04-17-2017 05:57 AM
    It costs $5.3. And here is my review.
    I had to check the post date to make sure this was not an April Fools joke lol. At $5 i don't know how the manufacturer is even making a profit!

now I have to hold the headset with hands everytime I use it.
    Quite a few budget VR headsets require you to hold the headset so this isn't a big problem for most. Im impressed there is a strap in the first place

It grips too hard and it's so hard to release the phone as well. Tacky thing.
    After reading this review, it looks like get what you pay for. I'm still impressed with the amount you are getting and the general look of the device is fairly pleasing. It's just the quality thats an issue. Thanks for the review @LezCronut.
    04-17-2017 06:44 AM
    Really thorough review for such a basic headset. Great job..Thanks
    04-18-2017 06:01 AM
    Thanks for the review. I have used it (it was a bit more expensive though), and it feels uncomfortable. But as someone said, for that price you can't expect much...
    04-18-2017 06:49 AM
    THANKS FOR BEING SO DETAILED.... I WAS WONDERING IF HAVING A CHEAP VR HEADEST WOULD RUIN MY PHONE OR THAT IT WOULD FALL APART EASILY... THANK YOU FOR CLARIFY THAT FOR ME!!!
    04-19-2017 03:49 PM
    Very detailed videos, congrats!
    08-14-2017 02:43 PM