Here's a quick review of Smashing the Battle for the Gear VR after purchasing it during the Oculus Winter Sale.

I love it.

The end.

Okay, maybe that was a bit too quick ...

I am impressed with the graphics and the controls are well-laid out. The progression from easy to hard is very good; not perfect, but definitely not too fast or slow. The gameplay is, in theory, simplistic and repetitive, yet it holds my interest and keeps me playing till I've drained half my battery. I was a bit dubious about the perspective of the game and wasn't at all sure this "right above the play area" viewpoint was good for VR; however, it works.

I would highly recommend it and am very glad I finally bought it. I'd seen VR Gamer Dude on Youtube do a short playthrough/review, but hadn't made the plunge till now.
    Chemy JMHT and Talkivr like this.
    12-25-2016 11:36 PM
    I don't know why you said ore, the "I love it" was enough :P

We usually say "pictures or didn't happen" but I'm not actually sure how to do that on a Gear VR (screen capture while in a game or something).

That's why I searched the video:

Talkivr likes this.
    12-27-2016 09:01 PM
    That's the one, yep. I don't know if I could do a video with it or not; could probably do a screenshot. Either way, even if I could record, it wouldn't have sound, lol. It's too complicated at present for me to bother with. Maybe if I get more free time to devote to it, I can get it set up so it records with sound both from the game and my voiceover (if any).
    12-28-2016 08:58 PM
    That would be cool to see. Decent fighting game off vr, even cooler now to see it on vr.
    12-30-2016 06:59 PM
    One quick questions-Isn't this game (and any other type of intensive game) cause a really bad motion sickness and nausea?
    I already feel a little confused when I play those games on a pc monitor, but I just try to imagine what it feels like to experience it in the FOV of a VR device.
    I would appreciate it if you could report what it feels like to play such a thing for one hour continuously.
    Thanks
    01-04-2017 05:14 PM
    One quick questions-Isn't this game (and any other type of intensive game) cause a really bad motion sickness and nausea?
    I already feel a little confused when I play those games on a pc monitor, but I just try to imagine what it feels like to experience it in the FOV of a VR device.
    I would appreciate it if you could report what it feels like to play such a thing for one hour continuously.
    Thanks
    Not sure how I missed this till now, but I don't experience any nausea or motion sickness in general, so if you're prone to it, I really don't know which experiences will be better or worse for you. That said, this is from a fixed perspective: you're in one spot, looking at everything, with the battle area moving as you progress. The character you control is "over there," on a table and just happens to be animated and moving around on her own.

I'd imagine it's pretty mild for vr sickness because of those features.
    03-26-2017 09:53 AM