I thought a RTS game that is completely in VR might be okay, so I picked up AirMech Command today.

I'm not sure how to convey my feelings for the game, but I'll do my best.

OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG!

@russellholly buy this so I can beat you at it ALL DAY LONG!

Full review in a few days!
    03-13-2017 11:59 PM
    Well, go one man, make with the details!
    03-14-2017 11:58 AM
    I'll say up front that since this game is based off their RTS game for PC and for XBox/PS, it is deep. Really feature rich, really deep, and great use of the Vive controllers. It's a little touchy, but after the tutorial and the first mission, I got it down.

The maps are HUGE, the scenery is amazing, and the special "Mech Mode" - where you control a custom mech "general" fulfills my Robotech fantasies - is so easy to switch. You have to have planning for making new units, but once you get a majority set up, you can control the mech and be the hero. Also, swordfighting your opponents mech is crazy.
    03-14-2017 01:40 PM
    I've only played one mission, but the basic mission took me about 15 minutes to beat the CPU. There were as many bases to capture as structures to attack in a MOBA. If these guys can get together with the SMITE guys and bring that to VR....
    03-14-2017 01:42 PM
    Sounds like a fun game. Makes me jealous, being stuck on the Gear VR for now, lol. Are you going to add it to your Beam streaming?
    03-14-2017 02:43 PM
    I think I will. Elite: Dangerous isn't setup yet, and I haven't decided what VR to bring...

Sounds like a fun game. Makes me jealous, being stuck on the Gear VR for now, lol. Are you going to add it to your Beam streaming?
    Firegold21 likes this.
    03-19-2017 08:00 PM