Now that PSVR has been released I'd like to know the experience from real users. I'm very afraid of motion sickness in PSVR (or VR in general) since I've been affected myself many times playing regular first person games (Virginia demo literally made me go to bed really bad). Not every FP games cause it, just a few ones.

Are you experimenting motion sickness using the PSVR headset? Do you think it is more prone to produce it than regular PS4 games?
    10-18-2016 05:44 PM
    I have never experienced motion sickness from vr. it really is going to be up to the developer to work on minimizing vr sickness for those that suffer from it.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-18-2016 06:37 PM
    Now that PSVR has been released I'd like to know the experience from real users. I'm very afraid of motion sickness in PSVR (or VR in general) since I've been affected myself many times playing regular first person games (Virginia demo literally made me go to bed really bad). Not every FP games cause it, just a few ones.

Are you experimenting motion sickness using the PSVR headset? Do you think it is more prone to produce it than regular PS4 games?
    I had previously felt a bit strange from watching a 3D football match so I imagined VR might make me react similarly. I haven't experienced PSVR but using the Vive I have never had what I would call motion sickness. I played a game which was an all out teleporting onto floating platforms game which made me feel uncomfortable after an extended period. I would have felt the same if I experienced that in real life though. It didn't feel ideal when first playing dirt rally with too high settings as it made the vive use a lower refresh too often. Didn't make me feel sick but kind of felt like I would playing any racing game at 30fps. Especially now I'm used to 60fps.
    I was a bit freaked out by vertigo to begin with but now it doesn't bother me. I'm also a bit less worried by heights in real life now. Love the old Speccy icon BTW
    10-18-2016 06:43 PM
    I suffer from motion sickness when playing first person shooters as well.
    While playing the valkyrie demo I did experience motion sickness but while playing a couple of games in the vr playroom
    I did not.
    10-18-2016 06:46 PM
    Well, those are good news. I was very afraid I finally couldn't enjoy VR after waiting since the 80's It seems frame rate is the key to avoid motion sickness. Maybe the VR high requirements about FPS will keep this issue under control (I really hope).

Love the old Speccy icon BTW
    Yeah! Spectrum was, and always will be, the best computer in history. ^_^
    10-19-2016 02:01 AM
    I have never gotten motion sickness in games VR or otherwise. I think it's because I've been playing first-person shooters for the majority of my life. My friend however gets motion sickness very bad in vr. He played it for about a half hour to an hour at a time for every day for about a week and seems to have gone away. So I think it changes from person to person as well as from game to game
    10-19-2016 06:59 AM
    I suffer from motion sickness when playing first person shooters as well.
    While playing the valkyrie demo I did experience motion sickness but while playing a couple of games in the vr playroom
    I did not.
    I just played EVE last night for the first time and had to quit after one match. Now I sort of feel like getting anywhere in the game will be a badge of pride because I'll have to fight physical illness to do it. =)
    10-19-2016 02:23 PM
    For me it depends game to game. I've never gotten motion sickness from playing a game on Gear VR, but PSVR made me a bit dizzy after I'd been playing Arkham VR for about 45 minutes. Some people never experience it, while others are really sensitive. Jumpy games, or games where your brain gets confused and panicks about the fact that you're not experiencing what you're seeing can set it off.

I'd say your best bet to avoid motion sickness is to take it slow and easy, so that you can figure out how sensitive you are while in VR.
    10-19-2016 03:34 PM
    I'd love to been just "dizzy" after playing 45 minutes. When I experience this I feel REALLY sick and I need to close my eyes and lie down for a good while trying not to throw up to get over it.

Interestingly, this happened to me often with the X360 but almost never with the PS4. I'm quite sure it's a matter of refresh rate so I'm crossing my fingers waiting the VR high requirements will keep me safe at least for the majority of games (maybe PS4 Pro will help too).
    10-21-2016 05:52 AM
    I had a motion sickness feeling after playing a similar platform jumping game on the dev version of the oculus rift. Kind turned me off of VR but excited about the psvr for sure
    10-21-2016 07:34 PM
    I would try before you buy.

I have put 40-50 people through vr, and about 20% get sick after 5-15 minutes, a couple of them threw up in my yard and had to go home.
    I cant find any correlation between the age of the person and previous game experience and the sickness. The 2 people who get really sick are big pancake gamers
    10-21-2016 08:37 PM