What kind of games are you guys hoping to see on Playstation VR? Obviously there is already a massive list, but is there a particular genre you're hoping to see something amazing from?

For me it's all about a sweet RPG that I can really get lost in. While Final Fantasy XV's add-on experience looks kind of interesting, I want to see an RPG that is designed to be played specifically on PlayStation VR.
    09-05-2016 08:52 PM
    09-06-2016 02:06 PM
    Are you talking about current games, or games like the ones on my post?
    Last edited by Sim_8_3; 09-06-2016 at 05:18 PM.
    09-06-2016 03:15 PM
    I'm talking about new games. Games that haven't been announced yet and that are developed specifically for PSVR. While the current list looks awesome, and the older games would be cool to see, I'm curious about what kinds of games or experiences you want to see come to PSVR.

Like I would be ridiculously excited to see an RPG designed specifically for PSVR. Something that is gorgeous, and huge, and built to be played in VR. My favorite genre of game is an RPG, and I already get lost in them for hours at a time. So being able to really fall into an RPG that is designed from the ground up for VR would be fantastic to see.

There are just so many opportunities for VR to really pull forward with PSVR, and PlayStation has always had amazing RPG's in general. So seeing what developers might do with a game made for VR gets me waaaay too excited.
    09-06-2016 03:25 PM
    Of course an RPG, but how about a good combat shooter, along the lines of a Modern Combat, or Quake/Doom/HalfLife something like that would get me giddy! I know they couldn't get the license but something like Halo.
    09-06-2016 03:53 PM
    Call Of Duty would be good as would Need For Speed Rivals.Sonic Racers, I would think most racing games would be worthwhile for the VR. RPG games I'm sure would be fun too, only one I can think of right now is Destiny but that's more like a FPS. I honestly don't know about games that haven't been announced yet, so I'll just leave it at that.
    Matty likes this.
    09-06-2016 05:17 PM
    Call Of Duty would be good as would Need For Speed Rivals.Sonic Racers, I would think most racing games would be worthwhile for the VR. RPG games I'm sure would be fun too, only one I can think of right now is Destiny but that's more like a FPS. I honestly don't know about games that haven't been announced yet, so I'll just leave it at that.
    Exactly FPS game like Call of Duty or the ones I mentioned!
    09-06-2016 09:31 PM
    What kind of games are you guys hoping to see on Playstation VR? Obviously there is already a massive list, but is there a particular genre you're hoping to see something amazing from?

For me it's all about a sweet RPG that I can really get lost in. While Final Fantasy XV's add-on experience looks kind of interesting, I want to see an RPG that is designed to be played specifically on PlayStation VR.
    For me, I'm looking forward to Call Of Duty in VR. Not sure if its coming out ever, but being able to to feel like I'm there would take my breath away ^_^
    09-07-2016 03:53 AM

I don't like driving fast, so if I'm playing 'Need For Speed Rivals' i may not cope lol
    Most racing games would definitely be worth it but for me, knowing that I'm DEFINITELY not in a car going 400 miles/h into a cop car makes me feel a little calmer lol
    09-07-2016 03:56 AM
    I have yet to play a racing game in VR. Could be that feeling like I'm "in the seat" offers a better experience for me. They typically aren't by thing, but I'm eager to give it a fair shot.
    09-12-2016 08:21 AM
    I have yet to play a racing game in VR. Could be that feeling like I'm "in the seat" offers a better experience for me. They typically aren't by thing, but I'm eager to give it a fair shot.
    This might better lend itself to professional VR done at VR Clubs, or Arcades that we talked about in another thread. Driving sims, flight sims, battle mech sims all could be done from the same pod, but it would require some expensive equipment that a consumer couldn't afford, BUT a place could and consumers could pay to play. Sorta like Dave and Busters or any modern Arcade to the extreme!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_%26_Buster%27s
    09-12-2016 02:03 PM
    Space games, definitely. Also games that immerse me in experiences I would never have even considered.
    10-01-2016 08:44 AM
    If they put a vr mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 I will never leave the headset.
    10-18-2016 08:15 PM
    Adventure game would be cool in vr, imagine ratchet and clank in vr, it would be awesome
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-18-2016 11:01 PM

RPG would be definitely cool. I would like to see science fiction/survivor horror games. Imagine Dead Space in VR
    10-26-2016 07:30 PM
    I could see VR being very immersive for racing games. To be able to look around like you are in an actual car would be so awesome. I want to try it now!
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:31 PM
    I think it shouldn't exist "VR games". Every game should have the option to be played through VR systems in the future. After all, in the end, even the most simple game can replace the game main camera for the dual VR camera and at least take advantage of bigger screen and deep effect even with a static camera. I don't want VR become "3D cinema" with movies done exclusively to show exaggerated effects. That said, I'd like VERY MUCH to play something like Skyrim or GTA. Tomb Raider and other third person games would be great too.
    10-29-2016 11:01 AM
    I think it shouldn't exist "VR games". Every game should have the option to be played through VR systems in the future.
    That;s interesting, but I actually like the difference between a normal game and a VR game. There are games I enjoy in VR that I would never play regularly, and vice versa. While some games convert well back or forth, I feel like VR as a frontier has different goals for their games than a normal one would offer. Considering the issues we've already seen with devs releasing less than finished games, I'd prefer them to focus on the type of system the game would be for.

That being said, I also think that having add-on VR experiences for a lot of games would be really cool. It would let you experience the game in VR without taking away from the overall feel or gameplay.
    11-02-2016 04:26 PM
    I also think that having add-on VR experiences for a lot of games would be really cool.
    That's exactly what I'm afraid of, VR being just an "experience", an add-on to the real game. If that's the case, I don't see VR gaming being a success. I like VR experiences a lot (and other uses beyond games) but if they want gamers coming to VR, they need to offer full AAA games or this will be another Virtual Reality arrival failed attempt. I agree with you that maybe you can't make a VR version of any game but definitely VR games needs to be full featured and not mere add-ons.
    11-09-2016 03:20 PM
    if they want gamers coming to VR, they need to offer full AAA games or this will be another Virtual Reality arrival failed attempt. I agree with you that maybe you can't make a VR version of any game but definitely VR games needs to be full featured and not mere add-ons.
    I agree with you for the most part. What I'm hoping to see is VR develop into it's own full fledged platform of gaming. The same way that consoles or PC games exist. While there are a number of games that work well in both VR and normal games, I also think there are games that don't cross over.

For the games that don't cross over, experiences could be a cool way to still include VR, but I hope it's in the minority. I just feel like not every game should be in VR just so it can boast that. If a game is developed for VR, or with VR in mind is going to be far superior to a slap dash job of adding a chapter that happens to have VR content.
    12-02-2016 01:57 PM
    I want to see a Price of Persia on VR, even the first one wich I played a lot (yes I'm old, but not too old), I though on that one like the Lucky's Tales, where you need to move a little in order to pass trough some places.

But like the more recent Prince of Persia's with the free running (parkour) and the well done 3D background, it would be a challenge but that's what I want to see solved.
    12-02-2016 08:52 PM
    Most excited about trying out Star Trek: Bridge Crew of the announced titles. Looking forward to getting some good survival horror games in the future. I'm guessing Playstation VR will probably be the best in that category.
    Last edited by Gozney; 12-09-2016 at 04:39 AM.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    12-08-2016 03:18 PM
    I want to see a Price of Persia on VR, even the first one wich I played a lot (yes I'm old, but not too old), I though on that one like the Lucky's Tales, where you need to move a little in order to pass trough some places.

But like the more recent Prince of Persia's with the free running (parkour) and the well done 3D background, it would be a challenge but that's what I want to see solved.
    Prince of Persia would be nice!

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-08-2016 04:01 PM
    I've had my PSVR since launch and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm hoping to see some RPGs. I don't mind if games look retro or simple graphics-wise, I just want games with more traditional, game-like content.
    12-31-2016 06:25 PM
    Anything by Quantic Dreams. They made Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and the upcoming Detroit Become Human. Oh, and I almost forgot "Fahrenheit".
    01-16-2017 11:19 PM
31 12